Rap verses being omitted from pop songs on certain stations...

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
I never heard anybody play that alicia keys version of empire state over the original. The original was x100 bigger
Not hip hop and RnB stations. This typically happened on more contemporary stations.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Basically another example of blacks opening its doors for everybody else but the favor is rarely retturned
I don't think it's black people making those decisions.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Its NOT radio stations fault

Its the LABELS

When record labels service radio stations with collabo type records...many times the have the option of playing the ALTERNATIVE VERSION minus the guest featured rap

Adult R&B stations been doing this for years before the Pop stations even started this practice

Ive worked at a URBAN STATION where they would play MARY J BLIGE "I CAN LOVE YOU" ft LIL KIM during the day...but when it was the GROWN AND SEXY EVENING SHOW featuring slow jam and ballads they would play the version MINUS lil kim

Its BUSINESS nothing PERSONAL :manny:

At the end of the day its demographics
So you're saying labels purposely choose to make the additional version in effort to make sure it's played on those stations without issues? If so, then the question is - why does an alternative version need to be made in the first place? For that, don't have the guest rapper on the damn song at all.

It's all one in the same IMO.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Its NOT radio stations fault

Its the LABELS

When record labels service radio stations with collabo type records...many times the have the option of playing the ALTERNATIVE VERSION minus the guest featured rap

Adult R&B stations been doing this for years before the Pop stations even started this practice

Ive worked at a URBAN STATION where they would play MARY J BLIGE "I CAN LOVE YOU" ft LIL KIM during the day...but when it was the GROWN AND SEXY EVENING SHOW featuring slow jam and ballads they would play the version MINUS lil kim

Its BUSINESS nothing PERSONAL :manny:

At the end of the day its demographics
Exactly.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
So you're saying labels purposely choose to make the additional version in effort to make sure it's played on those stations without issues? If so, then the question is - why does an alternative version need to be made in the first place? For that, don't have the guest rapper on the damn song at all.

It's all one in the same IMO.
Simple answer = $

Actual answer = .........still $ breh :yeshrug:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Radio stations format themselves however they want, y'all take ofesne to too much stuff. The (old school version) of the adult r&b/soul station out here used to omit frickin left eye's rap on waterfalls. If a station doesn't feel like rap is what they want in their mix, it is what it is, stop listening to top 40 seeking a hip hop fix

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Folks still listen to the radio in 2015, especially a PoP one:what:

...and omitting rappers verses is just another sign from CaCs:mjpls: