Rappers Should Stop Signing To Atlantic Records

Spacely Sparkus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought this should be put in the air but this has to be the worst label for any young urban artist to sign to.

Just a quick run down of their artists:

Wale
Boosie
Meek Mill
Rockie Fresh
Fat Trel
Wiz Khalifa
Plies
Pn'b Rock
A boogie
Kodak Black
Lil Uzi
OT Genasis
Kevin Gates
Action Bronson
B.O.B

Running thru the list, the hottest right now are Kodak and UZI. According to Joe Budden, Atlantic could give a fukk about releasing UZI album currently. Kodak's album was just thrown out there (I know he been locked up tho). We can make a case that the label ruined Wiz Khalifa musically (too many pop records) and including B.O.B who drops albums on soundcloud now lol Looking at the list again, everyone washed sales wise except for Gates, but that may change since he been away for a while. The lablel aint drop no Rockie Fresh or Trel album, shyt even OT Genasis and they been there 2+ years. Even the Albanian, Bronson saying he been shelved, and Wale just caught a brick that should have never happened. Also T.I. ran away from them, including Lupe. Meek might catch his first flop to this go around.

Look at Lyor acting like he cares about hip-hop when people were asking for Lupe Lasers album :mjlol:

All I'm saying, this label don't care about you unless you got a couple singles that take off. If not, you immediately getting shelved indefinitely

BO BARON

IT AIN'T $HIT!!!!
Daps
Reppin
Jackson, MS
Most of those guys you mentioned is on tour & getting money

Wale just released a album flop or not

Meek about to release a album

Kodak in jail but his album did good numbers & got a song in the hot 100

Uzi got a top 10 hit right now on tour & his debut is definitely anticipated so i see no reason for them not to release his album

Rockie fresh about to release a album soon

Once gates get out of jail his new music will be anticipated

Fat trel in jail plus who cares

Plies trash who cares

Boosie luck warm who cares

Wiz most likely has reached his peak who cares

Action bronson probably not costing them much so he will be alright

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Atlantic is cool if you don't really care about the art of rap, have crossover appeal and you're trying to be everywhere for the time you're here.

B.o.B is still on Atlantic, right? Perfect label for him. Perfect label for uzi. Perfect for Wiz. Rockie (who had only had a hipster white fanbase imo. He can rap, though)

Just depends.

Change it to rapper should stop signing to labels period and you'll be correct. When's the last time a record label has actually pushed a tape rather than the artist and his team doing so and the label just recouping?

Most of these rappers are there own publicist, get interviews and endorsements off their name, and should know by now that radio isn't offering you anything special anymore thanks to streaming.

It's why I appreciate Budden. Yachty can think he's hating, but he was telling him do real shyt. Idk if he was being facetious or not, but if he doesn't know the details of what Joey was saying then lil boat needs to get an independent lawyer and bounce. Probably too late if his album impressions are the truth.

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It costs money to pay the media and pay for spins to get people to "like" a song or artist within a window that will be profitable enough to make that money back.

At the end of the day these are business people who don't even listen to the music at all. Just look at the print outs and numbers. Do numbers make sense? yes or no?

All they care about in black and white.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Atlantic will have you using pre-made songs they've had in the vault for years, just to get you on the radio. But after signing that 360, damn near all of your tour money, streams, publishing, and whatever sales you bring in, are going straight to the label. I've had a lot of friends sign to Atlantic and spend pretty much every dollar they actually have in attorney fees, to get off the label.

They won't lie to you about what they do over there, but they're not exactly worried about you being knowledgable of it either. Most rappers just want a look, and they know that what they offer is more appealing to a starving artist than doing it on their own. I'm always shocked to hear that dudes are still signing over there. Kevin Liles said Atlantic has signed more artists under 360's than any other label since '05. But most rappers are more worried about looking paid, than actually being paid. The debt these dudes get in with Atlantic is just crazy. Sad even.

Daps
Stay independent in the internet era, you can make it on your own, granted it's not gonna pull in millions, but if you nice you can own all your own masters and make hits that will generate some profits and you dont have to share them with other people...:manny:
This is only true if your music is undeniable, swag is undeniable or bankroll is undeniable. Most of these nikkas need these suits breh.