Ras Kass Responds To Keith Oberman Comments In Regards To Eminem Trump Diss

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
Em’s got 3 classics album, more classic songs than most, put on 50 which ushered a new generation in our culture, is the gateway rapper for millions of youth, etc.

In what world does Ras’s own legacy match this?

You missing the bigger picture.

Eminem stay getting props for shyt black rappers been doing and saying for years.

Ras Kass was literally blackballed from the industry because of the content in his lyrics waging war on "white supremacy," but now we supposed to suck Eminems dikk because he spit some socially conscious lyrics in some bullshyt cipher? fukk outta here.

and please don't give Em credit for 50....50 was putting in mad work on the mixtape scene that put him in the position to get "put on" in the first place. This the shyt I can't stand.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Didn’t say Eminem was changing those things. I’m just saying he can do more than Ras can and has done more. Talk doesn’t count. This isn’t about Ras. I could also say that Eminem has done more for the black community than Future but that doesn’t serve the argument and only brings about :mjpls: .

I’m not downplaying those things. I’m just saying that those are just words, and his audience is already aware of those things. I personally learned a lot from him but I’m already a well-to-do breh.

Yeah, I get that part and it’s frustrating to me too but it’s expected. Cacs are always gonna gove other cacs the time of day. What’s Ras gonna do for them anyways, considering his militancy? Best hear it from someone who looks just like you. Privilege, like I said. We don’t need cacs to like or hate hip hop, though their money feeds the culture.

Until he does it, you're talking out of your ass about "He can do more" because he hasn't. He's been rapping for over 20+ years and yesterday was the first time he's ever addressed Black struggles on this platform. Saying "I'd sell less records if I was black" doesn't count as helping black people

What exactly has Eminem done for the black community? WTF are you even talking about right now?

blizzard man

Join the Nintendo Fun Club today!
Daps
Reppin
DC
Infact, arguably less than 5% of hip hop records produced over the past 27 years had any hint of consciousness and intelligence. So where would anyone find these needle in a haystack postivity records???

:duck:

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
reactions like Keith are disrespectful to the genre itself, not just particular artists
Lots of ppl have "doubts about rap" because of the content of what's pushed to the forefront.

Rap is widely viewed as a very juvenile artform because most of the content glorifies an immature mindset.

Most of the intelligence in hip-hop has been intentionally stripped away.

This is why when you turn on your radio, 90% of the songs will be ignorant shyt (Percocet..,Molly Percocet; cooking up dope with an Uzi, etc)

There's a specific reason you have to "find" and "dig" for rap with substance.