Rate this anime day 10: Naruto Shippuuden

Rate Naruto Shippuuden

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
I love Naruto/Shippuden but don't get me wrong but I feel sometimes as if the original was leading us somewhere completely different from where we ended up in Shippuden. It certainly felt to me more like a ninja anime with awesome abilities thrown in but then you get into the later half of Shippuden and you basically have DBZ with the big explosions and Aliens. Still love it all just curious if anyone else kinda wishes Kishimoto had done everything in a different way overall. Though I will say I think that I think after the Pain arc ended is when Naruto really just kinda threw everything out and went in for the crazy. the Akatsuki was awesome thou

Think about it.There was a time when the fights in Naruto all came down to strategy and planning. It was stimulating to watch opponents try and outthink each other to gain the upper hand. Then Post Pain Arc, that all was thrown out the window in favour of power ups. The battles were no longer about who outsmarted who but rather about who had the more powerful jutsu

I voted 7

Sasuke vs Danzo
Itachi vs Nagato
Itachi vs Kabuto

All had strategy if I can remember correctly. I’m currently rewatching the series and I’m at the Pein Arc.

I would rate this series a 10.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
6. Pretty good until Pain's attack on Konoho. Garbage after that. Exhaustion must have gotten to Kishimoto, but there was such a stark contrast in writing from Naruto first GEN. And don't start me on anime technicality neither.

Smh. Had it been better, Naruto would have been the undisputed GOAT.
From another thread: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/did...f-it-did-then-why.666067/page-3#post-37160298

Naruto was the GOAT up until Shippuden. Even with shippuden it could have managed to stay up there until Pain's saga. But all of that crumbled at this moment. While Pain's concept was dope as hell - six dudes fighting you but they're really one person - as well as his philosophy, the fact that he could take a whole village by himself put Kishimoto in a conundrum that he couldn't evade. It was the open door to power ups that would make the whole series depart from its tactical original ninja fights. I mean, Konohamaru bodied one of Pain's bodies. Even as a youth I knew something wrong happened there. You mean to tell me that this dude that has been bodying Jônin level ninjas simultaneously for hours got got by a Genin with a simple Rasengan?

The subsequent revival of the whole village and the bizarre talk no jutsu Naruto had with Nagato put the nails in the coffin. At this moment, it went downhill at a steep slope.

What I would have liked more, but that's personal, is for the manga to go through more adventure cycles, similar to Zabuza's arc or even Tsunade's. Go the Dragon Ball route. The first Naruto movie route. The Kakashi Gaiden route. What's dope about all these is that they gave you a sense of the immensity of the world in which they evolved, the variety of characters it contained and diverse focused arcs that flowed together well while having their own identity.
With the concept of ninja village that receive a whole lot of missions leading to everywhere, you have an almost infinite potential to make your different characters explore and grow, and introduce new dope characters and concepts. With Sasuke gone, you have the opportunity to put Naruto in random squads (like in the fillers or videogame) and send him on a whole arc in one of the countries, meeting new ninjas with new abilities and going through shyt. You can even have a side character squad having their own parallel adventure a little like we had with Asuma/Shikamaru or Jiraya looking for and fighting Akatsuki. That allows you to develop the side characters, but also introduce new foreign ones with fresh concepts. You also have some leeway to work on the guiding principles of the series, because Akatsuki/Orochimaru & Sasuke still operate in different regions.

And I can't help but feel that's what was originally planned, because the way we see new characters pop in Shippuden seems way too stacked for it to have been planned like that. Like, you got all these new characters from new villages that seem like they got their own thought out personality and ability that are introduced in a very short times but don't have no time to shine or just two pages here and there to have a little moment. Like Kishi wanted to rush through to the end. Meeting these characters in other context, in a slower pace would have given more space to flourish and interact with the original cast. Would have also allowed to let a new great ninja war (a real one, not with an army of clones :snoop:) brew silently and coherently, with this time real stakes since we would have known a lot of the participants from way back.

You can't tell me these characters hadn't more to deliver than fighting an army of zombies and a rushed backstory:

4204751-3979657601-ce7bb.jpg
68684.jpg
68713.jpg

tumblr_mj5na1ZrXa1rv8v4go1_400.png

main-qimg-f987724a23d6547f813640b5e44167c5

Look how they basically swept that dude having the Byakugan under the rug... Could have been a perfect opportunity to give Neji some severely needed shine and character development.

I'm stopping there but I could write about what happened with Naruto for hours. That's how much important it was in my childhood :wow:

Only things that are missing from the poll imo are:

• the great ninja war being all villages against an army of bland clones instead of between each other
  • edo tensei used, abused and violating the story, characters and stakes; should have never existed after Orochimaru used it against the 3rd
  • Sasuke giving hands to all Kages and their entourage at the same time :beli:
  • rushed pacing forcing introduction of plenty characters while Kishimito didn't even know what to do with those he already had
  • Bijuus becoming kawai little things :snoop:
Still shoutout to Kishimito for what he did in Naruto and the beginning of shippuden.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Why the studio hasn't made a complete Naruto Kai is beyond me. Part 1 & 2 with no filler :banderas:

Matter fact we need brand new OVAs for certain story arcs with top notch animation :ohlawd: