Rate: Welcome to the NHK

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Give this one a 10, one of the best SOL I've ever seen, the OP is one of the smoothest you'll ever hear

I will say I remember the MC was awful and I felt WAYYY more sympathy for legit every other character

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Welcome to the NHK is a honest portrayal of how mental illness can cripple the lives of adults. It hits home for those who have dealt with depression, anxiety, addiction, abuse, suicidal thoughts in their lives. And educates those who don't understand what it feels like to be paralyzed by your own invented fears.

There are a lot of anime that appeal to us because they present an alternative to real life, human limitations. NHK does the opposite and constantly reminds the viewer that humans are flawed and self destructive. There are no heroes with capes saving the day. There are no villains to blame for hardships. There isn't even a long redemption arc that leads to a happy ending. You have to watch young adults make the same mistakes over and over and over again until they hit absolute rock bottom, and then slowly work to subside their demons enough to live a slightly less miserable life.

I understand not wanting to watch NHK because of the subject matter. but if you do consider yourself a fan of anime...not just a specific anime genre (shounen english dubs), but anime itself. you should at least try to watch one of the most authentic shows ever produced in anime. it has helped a lot of people going through struggles acknowledge their own demons and work to overcome them. Giving it a 10/10, in the top ten anime all time range for me.

The OSTs are mostly depressing. But good. Fits the tone of the show perfectly

:snoop: @Consumed our S.O.L problems continues.

i think it'll qualify. but none of these shows will get high turnouts b/c of lack of exposure. no matter how good they actually are

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
I had to post up for this one. Goat tier anime right here. I read this is loosed based off the creators life.
Satou was not a incel, His social anxiety, depression, paranoia prevented him from leaving his apt.
He had a lot of mental issues to sort before he could interact someone in person let alone get close to Masaki.

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
I had to post up for this one. Goat tier anime right here. I read this is loosed based off the creators life.
Satou was not a incel, His social anxiety, depression, paranoia prevented him from leaving his apt.
He had a lot of mental issues to sort before he could interact someone in person let alone get close to Masaki.
That's an Incel...

That's what most of them have

99 Hunter

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Coconut Heads
I've started this anime about a week ago and i've only finished about 5 episodes.

The main character is a neet who's basically someone who is not employed or doing anything with their life usually cooped up in their room depressed and super anxious for whatever reason.

As a current neet myself I feel the main character's struggles, it ain't easy always being isolated and cooped up in your room. (For me it's social anxiety due to being over sheltered as a kid by my grandparents who've raised me)

Btw neets are not incels many of these type of individuals actually have girlfriends. smh

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
All I’ll say is this. NHK is one of the best written animes I’ve seen.

Just from a writing standpoint this is a ten.

Welcome to the NHK is a honest portrayal of how mental illness can cripple the lives of adults. It hits home for those who have dealt with depression, anxiety, addiction, abuse, suicidal thoughts in their lives. And educates those who don't understand what it feels like to be paralyzed by your own invented fears.

There are a lot of anime that appeal to us because they present an alternative to real life, human limitations. NHK does the opposite and constantly reminds the viewer that humans are flawed and self destructive. There are no heroes with capes saving the day. There are no villains to blame for hardships. There isn't even a long redemption arc that leads to a happy ending. You have to watch young adults make the same mistakes over and over and over again until they hit absolute rock bottom, and then slowly work to subside their demons enough to live a slightly less miserable life.

I understand not wanting to watch NHK because of the subject matter. but if you do consider yourself a fan of anime...not just a specific anime genre (shounen english dubs), but anime itself. you should at least try to watch one of the most authentic shows ever produced in anime. it has helped a lot of people going through struggles acknowledge their own demons and work to overcome them. Giving it a 10/10, in the top ten anime all time range for me.

The OSTs are mostly depressing. But good. Fits the tone of the show perfectly

i think it'll qualify. but none of these shows will get high turnouts b/c of lack of exposure. no matter how good they actually are

Well damn, I've always passed it over, but I'll give it a watch now :hubie:

I love when shows hit those personal notes :wow: