• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Yesterday’s results:

Baki: 8.40

For day 18 of our series the coli showed that hard core fighting has a special place in our hearts by giving Baki a 8.40 moving it in the top 10 of animes.

On to day 19

Rules:

1. The Coli will be rating over 50 anime’s.

2. You can rate the anime on a multitude of factors ( Quality, Storyline, amount of filler, animation, etc) BUT YOU MUST HAVE ONE OVERALL SCORE.

3. Users rate the anime on a scale of 1-10
(10 being :salute:king status, 1 being :pacspit:status)

4. The results of the poll will be displayed publicly.

5. Feel free to nominate any anime. The Coli has a 158 page Cosplay thread and multiple platinum anime thread topics so I know the demand is heavy here.

6. I can guarantee you this, despite the other rate..... threads, this one will be completed.

7. Time for votes will last for approximately 24 hours.

8. You can factor in non-Canon movies and arcs in your decision.

.9) Remember..........This is your decision.

10. The poll will be up for 24 hours only so make sure you get your votes in!

For day 19 we meet Vash the Stampede and his crew with Trigun.

Trigun
First Appearance: April 1, 1998
Final Appearance: September 30, 1998
Creator:Yasuhiro Nightow
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

source.gif

source.gif

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

source.gif

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/rate-this-anime-leaderboard.735865/

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always remembered Trigun as such a dope series. Vash the Stampede's swag was on a trillion. It was like Rurouni Kenshin in space.
Rem was such a fascinating character. Her pacifism and determination to love and forgive EVERYONE was just :wow:

When Wolfwood died tho :mjcry:

source.gif

Dope series, I give it a strong 9 :salute:

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
For about eleven episodes of Trigun you watch a goofy blonde make corny jokes, hit on every woman that walks past him and not take any villain seriously when he easily disarms them without killing them. There isn't any real tension, no established villain to press him and the animation looks mediocre. So it's hard to blame anyone for dropping it here.

but if you make it to episode 12....
giphy.gif

then you learn what Vash is hiding behind that smile, that he's a 150 years old alien with the power of a monster, and it becomes a S tier sci fi thriller. He has to make a choice between being a pacifist (taught to him by a parental figure) or a killer (born within him) with no half measures and it is very compelling to watch him struggle between his ideals and what is necessary to save the lives of his friends. The villains pretty much work to systematically break him down until he snaps mentally, at which point is tragic to watch.

He is similar to Kenshin in this way. Vash also has to work to find his own resolution to dispatching of enemies without sacrificing his humanity. But not even Kenshin was forced into something like this

Vash is maybe the most layered shounen lead ever created, depending on how you feel about Kenshin. A literal walking contradiction who is always in conflict with himself until the very end.

Trigun has about four other well designed characters who you could go into a lot of detail about, Wolfwood probably the best. Chain smoking "priest" wearing shades, in a tux, carrying a cross "heavy because it's full of mercy" on his back that transforms into a mini gun. His entire arc from start to (especially) finish is great.

most anime deaths end in some sentimental note with the soon to be deceased talking about what great a life they've lived and how their spirit will live on in everyone else.

Wolfwood? fukk that, I want to live and it's not fair that I get to die at this point when things were just starting to begin. It's an incredibly gut wrenching death scenes i=because you know he wasn't at peace at all and he goes out like people in the real world do when they get killed and there's no dragon balls to bring them back to life. In anger and frustration.

The second half is an easy ten. The first half is closer to a 7/8, and when I rewatch the show knowing what is about to happen I think better of that stretch. The Trigun film Badlands Rumbles is also pretty great, so I'll give it a 10 overall.

nominating Casshern Sins, Fate/Zero

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
I'd say its a seven out of ten. It started off so strong but I got aggravated with his no kill policy. Knives out here doing everything to torture you and you still pulling punches.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
For about eleven episodes of Trigun you watch a goofy blonde make corny jokes, hit on every woman that walks past him and not take any villain seriously when he easily disarms them without killing them. There isn't any real tension, no established villain to press him and the animation looks mediocre. So it's hard to blame anyone for dropping it here.

but if you make it to episode 12....
giphy.gif

then you learn what Vash is hiding behind that smile, that he's a 150 years old alien with the power of a monster, and it becomes a S tier sci fi thriller. He has to make a choice between being a pacifist (taught to him by a parental figure) or a killer (born within him) with no half measures and it is very compelling to watch him struggle between his ideals and what is necessary to save the lives of his friends. The villains pretty much work to systematically break him down until he snaps mentally, at which point is tragic to watch.

He is similar to Kenshin in this way. Vash also has to work to find his own resolution to dispatching of enemies without sacrificing his humanity. But not even Kenshin was forced into something like this

Vash is maybe the most layered shounen lead ever created, depending on how you feel about Kenshin. A literal walking contradiction who is always in conflict with himself until the very end.

Trigun has about four other well designed characters who you could go into a lot of detail about, Wolfwood probably the best. Chain smoking "priest" wearing shades, in a tux, carrying a cross "heavy because it's full of mercy" on his back that transforms into a mini gun. His entire arc from start to (especially) finish is great.

most anime deaths end in some sentimental note with the soon to be deceased talking about what great a life they've lived and how their spirit will live on in everyone else.

Wolfwood? fukk that, I want to live and it's not fair that I get to die at this point when things were just starting to begin. It's an incredibly gut wrenching death scenes i=because you know he wasn't at peace at all and he goes out like people in the real world do when they get killed and there's no dragon balls to bring them back to life. In anger and frustration.

The second half is an easy ten. The first half is closer to a 7/8, and when I rewatch the show knowing what is about to happen I think better of that stretch. The Trigun film Badlands Rumbles is also pretty great, so I'll give it a 10 overall.

nominating Casshern Sins, Fate/Zero

What happened in the movie and why do they have one eye closed in the posters?