Rate this anime day 20: Sailor Moon

Rate Sailor moon

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Never sat down and really watched it, but I'll give Sailor Moon an 8 out of respect for what it did for the anime industry.
I wonder how many of the brehs here know that the creator of Sailor Moon married the dude who did Yu Yu Hakusho and Hunter x Hunter?

EDIT: Naoko Takeuchi and Yoshihiro Togashi.

Last edited:

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Probably the #1 anime I'd watch with my daughter if I have kids someday. This was the first popular series to have an all female main cast with fashionable feminine designs and super powers. broke open the gates for young girls and women worldwide to embrace the medium and jumpstarted an entire genre that is still popular today.

In the same way that boys mimic'd Goku turning into a super saiyan in front of a mirror and pointed Kamehamehas to the sky, so did girls practicing the various sailor moon transformation sequences. It's really just as influential as Dragon Ball in the sense of empowering a specific demographic to be strong, I'd argue even more so when Sailor Moon is telling girls that they can be strong & feminine and makes a genuine effort to offer commentary on gender roles.

I appreciate SM's place in anime - literally not the same without it, and I found the first season to be strong. Haven't seen the others that people say are trash like Crystal that would probably hurt my impression of the series. And I also haven't read the manga to know whether or not the anime improves upon it. So I'm giving it a 9 based on that first season alone.

nominating Space Dandy, Clanaad

Daps
They shoulda left the lesbian stuff in there..............:shaq:

This show suffered due to extreme amounts of editing and was nearly unwatchable due to being incoherent at best, and downright intellectually insulting at worst......

HOW THE FUKK NO ONE KNEW WHO TUXEDO MASK WAS??????!!!!!!

:stopitslime:

Lesbian stuff? :dwillhuh:

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Never sat down and really watched it, but I'll give Sailor Moon an 8 out of respect for what it did for the anime industry.
I wonder how many of the brehs here know that the creator of Sailor Moon married the dude who did Yu Yu Hakusho and Hunter x Hunter?

EDIT: Naoko Takeuchi and Yoshihiro Togashi.

:ehh: You learn something new every day.

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
Watched sailor moon here and there but not nearly as much as I did the other toonami anime. I will always give SM props for what it did back in it’s time empowering women.

Only things I remember from that show was the terrible VA and how Tuxedo mask would come out the cut throw a rose and dip:mjlol:

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
They shoulda left the lesbian stuff in there..............:shaq:

This show suffered due to extreme amounts of editing and was nearly unwatchable due to being incoherent at best, and downright intellectually insulting at worst......

HOW THE FUKK NO ONE KNEW WHO TUXEDO MASK WAS??????!!!!!!

:stopitslime:

Oooooooo shyt :ohhh::ohhh::ohhh: