Rate Sailor moon

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Sailor Moon was just about as influential as Dragon Ball Z when it came to introducing anime to Western audiences, even though it wasn't my personal favorite, I would have voted a an 8/10 purely off the influence and in some fairness the story was more complicated than it seemed and there was an interesting feminine dynamic going on.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Sailor Moon is an 8, bordering on a 9.

But you wouldn't know it from the b*stardized heavily censored american version we got.

Everything you love about your favorite long running shonen is right there.

On top of them exploring the theme of coping with being an unlikeable fukk up (Usagi/Serena) with far too much responsibility

Only reason I'd never give it a 10 is cause, yeah, their use of their powers can get incredibly repetitive.

Man, I hate I missed this thread. :mjcry:

Balla

Superstar
Daps
I give it a 10, but it comes down to what version you're watching.The English dub is pretty much a hatchet job. That I give a 7. I give the uncut Japanese version a 10. Even with that, it is shojo manga/anime, so it may not be to the liking of everyone, because it's target audience is young girls.

How much and what is different in uncut?

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
How much and what is different in uncut?

The relationship between Zoisite and Kunzite. In Japan, Zoisite was an effeminate gay man in love with Kunzite. They changed him to a woman for the English dub. The lesbian relationship of Sailor Uranus and Neptune. Violence and nudity were censored. Especially violence towards children. The deaths of the Sailor Scouts and saying they were teleported elsewhere instead.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
The relationship between Zoisite and Kunzite. In Japan, Zoisite was an effeminate gay man in love with Kunzite. They changed him to a woman for the English dub. The lesbian relationship of Sailor Uranus and Neptune. Violence and nudity were censored. Especially violence towards children. The deaths of the Sailor Scouts and saying they were teleported elsewhere instead.

Wow wtf that show sounds hella weird, but can you blame them?

Imagine yourself as a very young child watching that type of stuff.

Now it’s bad where they would proudly show it.

Teleportation reminds me of “another dimension!!”

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Wow wtf that show sounds hella weird, but can you blame them?

Imagine yourself as a very young child watching that type of stuff.

Now it’s bad where they would proudly show it.

Teleportation reminds me of “another dimension!!”

All that stuff is common in Japan though. Especially in shojo manga. Also, it originally aired on Saturdays in prime time in Japan. So it was targeted to an older audience. That's why Dragon Ball Z had a bit more blood and extra level of violence, than Dragon Ball Super. Z aired in the evening, and Super airs on Sunday mornings.