Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Never heard any negative things about Charlotte, the few times that I've been there the environment and people were mad cool. And my 2 favorite NC homies, @Bryan Danielson and @CarmelBarbie reside there. So I have to give a good rating. The pace and setting were not for me bc of what I'm used to, but I hear nothing but positive coming from that city. :cheers:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Went a couple years back. It’s cool but just too slow for my liking. Attractive women though. Might need to go now that the city is booming. A lot of opportunities in the banking sector.
same applies for me. had the same experience. Beautiful city skyline at night. Peaceful and serene. if I had to pick a place in the south to live, that would be it.

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
Went a couple years back. It’s cool but just too slow for my liking. Attractive women though. Might need to go now that the city is booming. A lot of opportunities in the banking sector.

that would be one of my main concerns is I always read it's strong in the financial industry. But what else is it strong in career wise?

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Never been but I've heard good things about it. I know quite a few companies have headquarters there. Like a bunch of fortune 500 companies I believe. Seems like a nice city to visit but not sure about living there. Seems like it's cheaper than the other major southern cities tho. What's the weather like? I know the mountains aren't that far away but there's no beach nearby.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
:ohhh:that's what I heard too.

Yep. One of my co-workers is actually leaving next week because his wife just got a role for a major bank to do some Java testing or something like that. She did a 6-month coding bootcamp and should be netting like $90K to start. He got a role doing database management for an IT firm that does work for another major bank down there.

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
Never been but I've heard good things about it. I know quite a few companies have headquarters there. Like a bunch of fortune 500 companies I believe. Seems like a nice city to visit but not sure about living there. Seems like it's cheaper than the other major southern cities tho. What's the weather like? I know the mountains aren't that far away but there's no beach nearby.

Mrytle Beach isn’t that far from the city.

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Giving it an 8.

All the people I know who visited Charlotte told me nothing but good things about it. It’s prolly one of the few cities in the South I could see myself moving to and settling down in one day.

Like most NC cities, it looks like it’s quite diverse with a significant Black presence, especially from ADOS and West Africans.

Mostly suburban but most of the houses got either an old school suburban or country charm to them. Looks like it has its small urban pockets and heard it’s going throw an apartment boom and a significant expansion of its light rail system. The condos and high rise apartments in its downtown (Uptown) look nice asf. I looked up Charlotte properties on sites like Redfin and it’s crazy how cheap it is to rent and buy in Charlotte and the properties be looking clean as a mug :whoo:

Heard the people are pretty friendly even if half of the population is prolly transplants.

Food scene is slowly making some noise outside of NC.

My nikka Da Baby is from there :blessed::salute:

Gorgeous skyline especially at night.

Some of its neighborhoods look like they actually got some character.

Charlotte got hoods and prolly got its own moments of street fukkery but the crime rate doesn’t seem that high so prolly don’t gotta worry about being caught up at the wrong place at the wrong time much at all.

Got a dope education presence and some interesting looking institutions.

That entertainment center area of Uptown seems like its gets real lit at night. Looking at it kinda reminds me of Chinatown/Gallery Place in Downtown DC.

Haven’t really heard any bad things about its economy either.

I would love to visit this city one day and get a really good feel for it.

Last edited: