13. Miami: 6.15

14. Baltimore: 5.87

15. Orlando: 5.69

16. San Francisco: 5.56

17. St Louis: 5.12

18. Boston: 4.78

19. Pittsburgh: 4.36

Rules:

1.Thecoli will be rating 100 cities to live and visit worldwide over a 3 month period. in order to vote you need to had either visited or lived in the selected city.

2. You can rate the city on several factors(such as the cost of living, the people, famous landmarks and entertainment) based on your experience.

3.you can rate each city anywhere on a scale of 1-10.

4. The results of the poll will be displayed publicly.

5. Feel free to nominate any city no matter how well known or big it is.

6. If your hometown gets rated low don’t take it personal, we all have preferences.

7.The polls will be open for 48 hours so vote as quickly as you can.

8. Rep and dap as many people as you like and don’t forget to 5 star this thread.

Dallas Texas

County: Dallas

Nicknames: Triple D, Big D, D- Town, City Of Hate

Mayor: Eric Johnson (D)

Population: 1,345,047

Dallas_Skyline_TT.jpg

xvisionx_dallas_stemmons_drumguy8800wikimediacommons.jpg

KGVIPSXKZZATLKGLC2WGJ56LSQ.jpg

TONZAW34D2KYAA6N6F5OLZG54A.jpg

Downtown-Dallas-Landmarks-The-Traveling-Man-Francesca-Murray.jpg

dallas-office-web.jpg

Reunion-Tower_GettyImages-144073811.jpg

Dallas_Skyline_-_Margaret_Hunt_Hill_Bridge_S7-_uDdSU-LHUUsU176-yqu18q0ABlZBh.jpg

dallas-skyline.jpg

26c296eab3331c16a9598230f1829e60.jpg

Last edited:

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
The city is a 6/10 for me. I got a lot of family there and they all cool as hell and they’ve always made me feel welcomed but other then that the city is way too conservative and the whole Guyger and Botham Jean case made the city looked extra :mjpls:. If it wasn’t for my family living down there I would of given it a 4/10.

Last edited:

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Imma give it a mid 7.

Nice skyline, more visually attractive than Houston as well as greener. Its culture is definitely an interesting blend between Deep Southern, Midwestern, and Great Plains/Western. One of the largest urban Black populations in the country and significant Black history. Black representation doesn’t seem real bad, especially since they got a Black mayor.

Dallas Black folks got a unique dance culture and despite not being as much of a heavyweight in Southern Hip Hop culture as H-Town, ATL, Memphis, NOLA, etc., they have made unsung contributions to rap music that a lot of people aren't even aware of.

Nightlife seems like it might be pretty dope, definitely get a bar, lounge, swap meet, and strip club vibe from Dallas.

Heard good things about its food scene, be it BBQ, Mexican, Indian, Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, Soul Food, Steaks/Burgers, Tex-Mex, Chinese, etc.

Relatively affordable city housing- and COL-wise.

Got some beautiful cribs too at reasonable prices.

Looks like it got top quality shopping, comes off as a pretty clean city, and a decent public transit system for a sprawling metropolis. Nice looking suburbs too for the most part.

Would prolly be a decent city to live in.

Strikes against it are the city’s significant racist past, it being real close or within the tail-end of tornado alley, and the Dallas Cowgirls and their fans :pacspit:

colicolicoli

Droid Gang
Daps
Reppin
LBC

Been living in a suburb of Dallas for over a year now.

Everything is cool about Dallas besides the highways and traffic. Great COL, plenty of well to do black people, plenty of jobs in IT, good food, big affordable houses, good looking men/ women and all my fam is in FT Worth/Arlington

Sidenote: The men here can't dress.

AggiePride336.

Black American. The Sipp/Carolina.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Been here 4 or 5 times in the past year. It’s a great city. Great women, good food, and I enjoy the nightlife. I can’t remember the name of the place, but they gotta bbq pit house where they que’ing the food right in front of you, and you pick out which meat you want. It was pretty good. Had buttermilk pie for the first time. It’s right outside the city.

My only issue with the city, and the same goes for Houston, is how spread out it is. Merging onto the interstate is also a little different as well.

I give it an 8

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’

Been living in a suburb of Dallas for over a year now.

Everything is cool about Dallas besides the highways and traffic. Great COL, plenty of well to do black people, plenty of jobs in IT, good food, big affordable houses, good looking men/ women and all my fam is in FT Worth/Arlington

Sidenote: The men here can't dress.
Did your family migrate from Texas to CA during the great migration? I know you're from LBC, but is your family originally from Texas?

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
You forgot Boston OP..
:mjlol: it was that bad?

I'm going to give it a 9.
I live in Houston, but what sets Dallas apart is diversity of industry, light rail, has a sister city in Fort Worth that can hold it's own and pilot project location for technology coming that could change how we live.

1) They will be the first city, along with Los Angeles, to have air drones/flying car/aerial vehicles/air taxis...whatever you want to call it. It's going to start here.

2) They are also doing a study on I-35 corridor hyperloop train potential.

Last edited:

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
You forgot Boston OP..
:mjlol: it was that bad?

I'm going to give it a 9.
I live in Houston, but what sets it apart is diversity of industry, light rail, a sister city that can hold it's own and pilot project location for technology coming that could change how we live.

They will be the first city, along with Los Angeles to have air drones/flying car/aerial vehicles/air taxis...whatever you want to call it. It's going to start here.

They are also doing a study on I-35 corridor hyperloop potential.

shyt, thanks for reminding me. I’m about to include it into the list.