Rate This City: Day 20 - Dallas

Rate: Dallas

• Total voters

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I lived here for a year and hated it. It's so car dependent just to do the simplest of errands. Everything is so far away. Traffic is also bad as well. And don't have a job that requires taking the toll roads and it's ridiculously expensive. The other thing I noticed is Dallas is really bland. The downtown is underwhelming and a lot of the housing looks the same. Butt the biggest problem is in the summer. The heat is so oppressive, u can't do shyt outside from June thru September. Having a mild winter is cool, but no one is trying to do shyt in the winter.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
As a Dallas native, I give this city a 2/10. Only good thing about this city is the food at the State Fair. Hopefully I can have enough money to move to Salem, Mass in a few years.
U def a cac

Salem MA

Ain't shyt there :mjlol:

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
I'm black. I'm into Wicca, the gothic subculture, Halloween, and horror. Salem, Mass would be the perfect place for me to live at and be happy, especially around Halloween.
Moving from a big city in the south (even if it’s boring) to a smaller town in the east that’s only known for witches doesn’t sound smart. Your going to limit yourself severely if you do that.

Last edited:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
I'm black. I'm into Wicca, the gothic subculture, Halloween, and horror. Salem, Mass would be the perfect place for me to live at and be happy, especially around Halloween.
:mjlol:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Greatest American city bar none
You feel that strongly about Dallas? Explain why it's the greatest American city to you. Real rap, I'm interested in how you formed this perspective...
I lived here for a year and hated it. It's so car dependent just to do the simplest of errands. Everything is so far away. Traffic is also bad as well. And don't have a job that requires taking the toll roads and it's ridiculously expensive. The other thing I noticed is Dallas is really bland. The downtown is underwhelming and a lot of the housing looks the same. Butt the biggest problem is in the summer. The heat is so oppressive, u can't do shyt outside from June thru September. Having a mild winter is cool, but no one is trying to do shyt in the winter.
The heat is the #1 problem to me. It's the inverse of dealing with Western NY winters, like I love New York (Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse). I really love those cities but those winters are fukking brutal and it's enough to say I could never live there again...

This Texas shyt is the other side of that coin. There's absolutely no fukking way I could live somewhere like here with these kind of summers. Bro I got here August 15th. It's been 105+ every single fukking day. Today's the gotdamn 26th. This shyt is not natural. Starting tomorrow it's dipping under 100 for the first time since I got here...

Even if I loved this shyt enough, and to be fair I am enjoying it (I'm in Fort Worth, may head to Dallas today or tomorrow but I've been to Dallas before in the past); even if I loved it enough here the humidity and heat is the determination factor. This shyt wack...

It is also way too spread out for me, these interstates are too confusing with this frontage road bullshyt. The black women down here are GOAT tier, and I been around. They like that out here. The other type women, you see better in other places but the sisters? I keep hearing from these Fort Worth nikkas Houston is better, I've heard that in the past too but DFW belongs up there with the GOAT tier cities for sisters...

Stimulating architecture is def not a thing here, I gotta know why homie above calls this the best US city. There's a million things to do between Dallas, Arlington, and Fort Worth though (and for snow worshippers I was told Arlington is where the bad bunnies are at)...

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
You feel that strongly about Dallas? Explain why it's the greatest American city to you. Real rap, I'm interested in how you formed this perspective...

The heat is the #1 problem to me. It's the inverse of dealing with Western NY winters, like I love New York (Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse). I really love those cities but those winters are fukking brutal and it's enough to say I could never live there again...

This Texas shyt is the other side of that coin. There's absolutely no fukking way I could live somewhere like here with these kind of summers. Bro I got here August 15th. It's been 105+ every single fukking day. Today's the gotdamn 26th. This shyt is not natural. Starting tomorrow it's dipping under 100 for the first time since I got here...

Even if I loved this shyt enough, and to be fair I am enjoying it (I'm in Fort Worth, may head to Dallas today or tomorrow but I've been to Dallas before in the past); even if I loved it enough here the humidity and heat is the determination factor. This shyt wack...

It is also way too spread out for me, these interstates are too confusing with this frontage road bullshyt. The black women down here are GOAT tier, and I been around. They like that out here. The other type women, you see better in other places but the sisters? I keep hearing from these Fort Worth nikkas Houston is better, I've heard that in the past too but DFW belongs up there with the GOAT tier cities for sisters...

Stimulating architecture is def not a thing here, I gotta know why homie above calls this the best US city. There's a million things to do between Dallas, Arlington, and Fort Worth though (and for snow worshippers I was told Arlington is where the bad bunnies are at)...

its the best hands down, everything is big, affordable, diverse, suburbs are nice, weather great, lots to do and easy to get around.

Goat american city

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
its the best hands down, everything is big, affordable, diverse, suburbs are nice, weather great, lots to do and easy to get around.

Goat american city
I definitely disagree but I can appreciate your perspective and not being afraid to hold it down. Dallas is cool. It's far from some of these other cities here that are overhyped (Vegas, Atlanta, San Fran, etc). I'd take Dallas over those 3 cities easily 10 times outta 10...