Rate: Seattle

• Total voters

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Where you from?

Seldom do you hear people were talking to a stranger. Not normal for Seattle, but glad it happened. Yeah Seattle is filled with many very unique neighborhoods. Now that the downtown area is killed off with homeless and drugs the little neighborhoods are the spots to check out.

As for the rain it gets old, but seldom does it get that cold. Why you think Helly Hansen, Outdoor Research, and REI all have their HQ here. Making a killing just making and selling rain coats in this area.
idk breh I was meeting alot of RPG looking ass people :pachaha: shyt was kinda fye. Convenience store clerks putting on game about random shyt to do in the area without me even asking, ended up hooping in a random pickup game walking back to the airbnb :blessed: mighta just been a lucky couple of days for me

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
idk breh I was meeting alot of RPG looking ass people :pachaha: shyt was kinda fye. Convenience store clerks putting on game about random shyt to do in the area without me even asking, ended up hooping in a random pickup game walking back to the airbnb :blessed: mighta just been a lucky couple of days for me

Not sure when you were, but I do feel like people are more friendly during the summer. City just has a vibe when it's sunny out and people are enjoying the outdoors, eating, and going to events.

San Francisco bay area

Oh ok. Lots of little neighborhoods you go through when you're taking the train to the airport that are all part of Seattle. Tacoma is on the other side of the airport. Around 30-40 minutes south.

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
Sounds like you stayed in the suburbs of Seattle if im reading this correct…are there beaches/coastlines in suburban Seattle?

Is it worth it price wise to live in the suburbs and drive to the city to work everyday or would it be better to just stay in the city? (If you can afford it).

Can y’all give me a list of areas where black folks are the majority or places where it’s half and half?

Also are there any schools/school clusters with majority black students?

Seattle has been on my radar if I ever decide to leave Atlanta but I don’t want to work in a white majority school.

Have y’all ever ran across any transplants from the south?

In Seattle, id say the majority of black folks live/dwell in the central district and Rainier Beach/Hillman City. But there aren't a lot of young/hip urban youth there, IMO. From what I see/know, it's primarily older folks and East African community (which is massive). Otherwise, brothas and sistas in Seattle are generally very scattered throughout the city. The concentration died out when shiit got too gentrified.

That said, you gotta go south of Seattle (go figure)... Renton, Kent, Federal Way... and TACOMA (most of my breh's live in the aforementioned cities and that's where most of the southern food restaurants are located as well).

Schools? I dunno breh... there's no institution here that I can honestly say, aside from the African American Academy (but that's an elementary school, if that's your speed) that has clusters of black pupils/faculty... it's all just a toss up and since I was high school (to which, I was at one of two schools that had most of the diversity, Franklin and Garfield, don't know if that holds true 20 years plus later).

I think you'd be letdown if that's what you're looking for. But given that it's a very progressive town/extremely pro BLM, Seattle is good for brothas and sistas looking to relocate because I feel that i run into black transplants all the time... they're just so spread out.

Now, if you ask me places to kick it... that's my bread and nutter butter.

Btw, it's hot today.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
In Seattle, id say the majority of black folks live/dwell in the central district and Rainier Beach/Hillman City. But there aren't a lot of young/hip urban youth there, IMO. From what I see/know, it's primarily older folks and East African community (which is massive). Otherwise, brothas and sistas in Seattle are generally very scattered throughout the city. The concentration died out when shiit got too gentrified.

That said, you gotta go south of Seattle (go figure)... Renton, Kent, Federal Way... and TACOMA (most of my breh's live in the aforementioned cities and that's where most of the southern food restaurants are located as well).

Schools? I dunno breh... there's no institution here that I can honestly say, aside from the African American Academy (but that's an elementary school, if that's your speed) that has clusters of black pupils/faculty... it's all just a toss up and since I was high school (to which, I was at one of two schools that had most of the diversity, Franklin and Garfield, don't know if that holds true 20 years plus later).

I think you'd be letdown if that's what you're looking for. But given that it's a very progressive town/extremely pro BLM, Seattle is good for brothas and sistas looking to relocate because I feel that i run into black transplants all the time... they're just so spread out.

Btw, it's hot today.

Understatment...

Went to bed last night and it was like 80 in my house. Should have dropped a big bag last year and got the AC.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Understatment...

Went to bed last night and it was like 80 in my house. Should have dropped a big bag last year and got the AC.

Is it possible to live without an AC unit there? :skip:

AC been on automatic 24/7 since the end of April here. Ain’t no way you can live comfortably without one here

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

Btw, it's hot today.

Thanks bruh..every school I’ve been a student or teacher at has been over 90% black.

I guess it’s goods kids up there are exposed to different ethnicities at an early age.