Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
Rate This City Leaderboard

Rules
:

1.Thecoli will be rating 100 cities to live and visit worldwide over a 3 month period. in order to vote you need to had either visited or lived in the selected city.

2. You can rate the city on several factors(such as the cost of living, the people, famous landmarks and entertainment) based on your experience.

3.you can rate each city anywhere on a scale of 1-10.

4. The results of the poll will be displayed publicly.

5. Feel free to nominate any city no matter how well known or big it is.

6. If your hometown gets rated low don’t take it personal, we all have preferences.

7.The polls will be open for 48 hours so vote as quickly as you can.

8. Rep and dap as many people as you like and don’t forget to 5 star this thread.

Seattle Washington

County: King

Nicknames: The Emerald City, Jet City, Rain City, The City Of Goodwill

Mayor: Jenny Durkan (D)

Population: 608,660

fced51f7-3c7a-4e51-bc89-f07615c4d34a-large16x9_seattle_skyline_challenge_184.jpg

112e25b7fe90e2fc349dc29521e24484.jpg

Seattle-Space-Needle.jpg

harbor-and-city-at-dusk--seattle--usa-916614972-5c26799246e0fb0001bb1191.jpg

04142021_1_083620.jpg

AdobeStock_214785831-SM.jpg

iStock_22731053_LARGE-copy.jpg

shutterstockRF_524514718.jpg

Universities-in-Seattle-Northeastern.png

CenturyLink-Field-2.jpg

JS79200650.jpg

Last edited:

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
Dc checking in
Just here to say our nickname isn’t no damn nations capital
It’s the CHOCOLATE CITY:wow:

Now carry on with Seattle a city I’ve never been to nor give a fukk about

DC is currently 47 percent Black and 45 percent White breh. :francis:

Last edited:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
DC is currently 47 percent Black and 45 percent White breh. :francis:

DC is now down to 44% black:

Census profile: Washington, DC

My hometown, 10/10 since there's no criteria for rating these cities :yeshrug:

IDK how Oakland is #6 over cities like Atlanta, Houston, NO, etc btw....and Detroit over Baltimore :dwillhuh:

Link me to the Oakland thread, I'm mad as fukk I miss some of these cities the day they're posted lol...

Oakland aiight, for sure I would NOT say it's the 6th best city in the US, not even close, whether we talking overall or just for black mobility and living...

Ain't made it to Seattke yet but I have some really positive impressions, tell me what it's like growing up black there!

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
DC is now down to 44% black:

Census profile: Washington, DC

Link me to the Oakland thread, I'm mad as fukk I miss some of these cities the day they're posted lol...

Oakland aiight, for sure I would NOT say it's the 6th best city in the US, not even close, whether we talking overall or just for black mobility and living...

Ain't made it to Seattke yet but I have some really positive impressions, tell me what it's like growing up black there!
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/rate-this-city-day-21-oakland.739901/

I can't even tell you, I moved in elementary school :mjlol: I enjoyed the first 10 years of my life there tho. My fam still up there and I visit every year, I fux with it but I love the entire West Coast from Vancouver to Diego so :yeshrug: a lot of Black folks I know prefer the South and East Coast by far

People who visit usually hang around downtown when all the Black and minorities are in the Southend/South King County and Tacoma. I get nothing but love when I visit from the sistas and the PAWGs/PAAGs :shaq: weed is good....seafood is good. And I'm heavy into fitness so there's a lot of things to do outdoors especially during the summer time when the weather is perfect :wow: I probably wouldn't live there again but I like the Pacific NW and always have a good time. I don't need a city to be heavily Black to have a good time tho.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Ironically I met some people from Seattle last night. One of the guys had a purple mohawk so don't think he was from the Harlem neighborhood of Seattle. :dame: Anyways I told him I heard it's nice out there but expensive. He said it's not that bad especially compared to central Florida. All I know is that it rains a lot, they got the space needle, Bill Gates and Microsoft are based there, and I think grunge rock was started there. Other than that I don't know shyt about the city. Feels like it's a whole world away all the way on the opposite corner of the map. Maybe one day I'll visit.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
My hometown, 10/10 since there's no criteria for rating these cities :yeshrug:

IDK how Oakland is #6 over cities like Atlanta, Houston, NO, etc btw....and Detroit over Baltimore :dwillhuh:

Forget Oakland at #6, how is a suburban was city like Charlotte top 5?

:dwillhuh:

Also I'm use to Baltimore getting shytted on by people who've never been so no surprise there. :francis:

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Forget Oakland at #6, how is a suburban was city like Charlotte top 5?

:dwillhuh:

Also I'm use to Baltimore getting shytted on by people who've never been so no surprise there. :francis:
I'm sure Charlotte being Top 5 on here has nothing to do with a lot of NC/Charlotte posters being on this forum :troll:

And yeah, that's wild. IDK how DC #3 but Bmore #16. It's a cool city, cats really just getting their info from the media which is negative.

Superstar
Daps
I’m not the most well traveled, but I lived a little south of Seattle for a few years. Aesthetically, It surpassed Los Angeles as my favorite city. The transit was rusted bottom corner behind a hole in the wall titty bar dumpster juice, but it’s made a lot of improvements. At first it was awkward being black there because other black people weren’t as visible (mostly in Tacoma, white center, Ranier beach). I dug the mountain scenery and it was cool being able to go hike at any of those mountains within an hour or two’s driving distance.

The sea food was okay. The nightlife was weird but cool because it was so different. You could walk down an alley way and run into a topless burlesque show at random.

Women were dope and sexually free. Lots of dope fiends though, because it’s a port/hub city. The big titty (topless if you cool) coffee stands were dope as well. I wasn’t a big smoker but the weed was good too.

my favorite part was living cheaply on a beach and sometimes being able to walk my dog and find harbor seals laid out in the sun or chasing fish/crabs and, every now and then, a pod of orcas swimming through (to eat the seals). People seemed really non-confrontational towards black people, and mostly apologized for small shyt or just walked away looking at the ground. Sometimes you’d get that passive aggressive beer belly with Oakley shades white dude that you could shut down with Sustained eye contact.

I felt bad for the people who were born and raised there because prices rose so rapidly that it put a lot of people out on their ass.

my kin out there warned me to stay out of the hood bars and clubs but I never had issues. Not cause I look bout it, but like LA, they can tell you from somewhere else so they let you go about your business...as long as you minding yours.

police don’t give a shyt. As long as you aren’t doing anything, that is obviously a felony, they don’t feel like doing the paperwork. May Day is crazy and fun to watch. It’s pretty much a day of free protest where any and every group with an issues Gets to meet up downtown and protest until the mild riot of eventually breaks out and everybody gets tear gassed. The random port protests are funny too. You’ll see kayakers trying to block oil tankers or cargo ships. The space needle, music museum, Tacoma zoo, aquarium, century link field were cool to see. My favorite spot is gas works park at night. The flame baron people come out and do weird shyt. That’s basically it. A lot of the city is hidden behind hills and under trees, and if you walk around long enough you’ll see some random weird yet dope shyt that you’ll never forget. If you’re breathing you’ll get attention from the opposite sex. The food could use more seasoning but the beer And edibles are fun to try. It’s real clean (you won’t see a random sofa, gun, or dead person on the side of the road like Atlanta). Tacoma is just as cool with point defiance. Olympia (the conservative capital) is dirty as hell and swarming with homeless people. The locals sometimes let them chill on their porches. There’s dope needle all over the place (in some spots in Seattle too).

I almost forgot. It doesn’t really rain that much. It’s just during the winter there’s a constant overcast and random light drizzling throughout the day. I only saw it pour rain a few times and only remember a thunderstorm or two. There aren’t as many bugs as the south and there are no venomous snakes in Western Washington. Eagles, weasels, and bears will eat your chickens if you into farming. r

the only drawback is, even though I lived on the beach, the Puget sound water is cold as hell, At a certain time of year the jelly fish will migrate and look like a jelly carpet under the surface and will fukk you up. People drive like the police are behind them (everybody is high) or they are driving like they want a race sponsorship in old bmws with the weird camber stance that makes them look like they slipping on cartoon banana peels. I would definitely live there again if my family wasn’t mostly in the east.

Last edited:

Superstar
Daps
Heard it rains all the time out there ND got high suicide rates...true Seatlians?:picard:

It doesn’t really rain all the time. Winter sucks though. It doesn’t get super cold but it’s just constantly overcast. The lack of sun makes people suffer seasonal depression more often and a lot of people (even us black people) have to take vitamin D supplements or drive 30 mins east through snoqualmie pass to get immediate sun. It’s wine country over there and beautiful in the summer but the winters over there are miserable. There’s sun but central WA is outside the ring of mountains and there’s a lot of snow and constant wind that cuts through whatever warm shyt you wear. If you can, try to catch a concert at the gorge. That shyt is crazy. It’s like an amphitheater in a low canyon with rolling hills and vineyards and the sunset hits just right.

Seattle in the summer is great. It’s not too humid or dry. Not too hot and you can wear a hoody at night.

Last edited: