Rate this HBCU Day 31: Winston-Salem State University

How would you rate Winston-Salem State University?

• 1 (If there are no other options...)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5 (it works)

Votes: 3 37.5%

Votes: 1 12.5%

• 10 (Premier institution of Black Excellence)

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AggiePride336.

Black American. The Sipp/Carolina.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
WSSU will always hold a special place in my heart since I’m from the city.

When I was in HS, to work on my game. I used to go up to WSSU and run games with the college kids. One year I was even on an intramural team and them niccas had no idea I didn’t go to the school :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol:

Also, it gave me the opportunity for play against some Wake Forest cats as they would come out to ball sometimes too
Same. I could never find it in my heart to talk bad about them cause I grew up around them…around the university.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Gotdamn brehs…. While we talking bout WSSU and Livingstone.

Evidently some fukkERY happened tonight I’m Winston at an WSSU vs LS game.

I was gonna post it but decided not to cuz I don’t wanna promote such negativity in this powerful thread… but Gotdamn…. It’s on twitter :snoop:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Breh your post in here and the JCSU thread got me going back thinking about my little cousin at Livingstone. I went to her graduation and drove on the campus the first time. I was underwhelmed, then I wasn’t impressed with the graduation service at all
JCSU is horrible but at least they give off the impression of a university if you squint hard enough. livingstone is a straight up dump. everyone at the school is living in hard mode.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Powerhouse Red and White Cheerleaders
ciaa-championship.jpg

20180820CheerleadingGroup054Ed-XL.jpg

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
hbcu-dinner-group-shot1.jpg

Feb 1, 2024
Suzanne Walsh, president of Greensboro’s Bennett College , Chancellor Harold Martin of N.C. A&T State University and Interim Chancellor Anthony Graham of Winston-Salem State University, gathered for a private roundtable discussion, organized by Triad Business Journal on Jan. 11. Several alumni from the universities also joined in the conversation. TBJ organized the gathering to discuss the roles the institutions play in the region in terms of workforce readiness, economic development and diversity of talent, but also the opportunities and challenges each institution faces.
3 part series
part 1

part 2

Part 3

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
Campus life was great. Coming from nearly an all white school, I wanted to be around my people so I chose a HBCU. Made plenty of friends on campus. I was a compsci major and I felt like my professors genuinely cared about my education. I do remember my time school both the football and basketball teams did well in the CIAA.
Was the experience culture shock for you? I know it sounds weird but it's a few people that go from all white high schools to now being around your own people. That's not always an easy transition