Rate This Singer - Female Edition - Day 19 - Jazmine Sullivan

How Would You Rate Jazmine Sullivan's Vocals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Very husky voice but also very agile. Impressive lower register too. She's an 8
This is for the same reason that I have to rate her lower- voice is a little too deep, raspy and husky. It worked for some songs but not the best vocally. Did she do some songs with missy Elliot??

N711oir

All Star
Daps
:hubie: There should be a chunky curve for grading/ no pun intended :mjlol:

She will always be a bootleg Lauryn Hill to me :yeshrug:

Which goes to show you can't just mimic some ones/ or just have the similar sound to someones voice and be successful there is an "it" factor:jbhmm:

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
This is for the same reason that I have to rate her lower- voice is a little too deep, raspy and husky. It worked for some songs but not the best vocally. Did she do some songs with missy Elliot??
Yup

Vocally she kinda reminds me of Lauryn Hill on this song

TinFoilSnapBack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
10... vocal mastery

She is the total package as a vocalist: agility, power, pitch control, phrasing, unique timbre, etc. I wish she had better songwriters, but being a vocalist myself, I have so much respect for her skills as a singer.

Archangel

Banned
Daps
She can only do a certain genre. Very Jazzy.
I wish she had a higher range but she makes up for it with her crazy melismatic ability. I have been continously amazed by the things she can do vocally.

Just doesn't have the songs or catalog to be recognized for the beast she is. She could more than likely sing a majority of the list under a rock with her skill and precise ear for scales and melodies. I adore her as a vocalist. I see her as an 8 at the lowest and you could argue a 9.5.