Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7*. Pretty Good

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Archangel

Banned
Daps
For day 19 of RTS, Vocal savant, Jazmine Sullivan scored a 7.228 which is good for top 11 so far.
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/rate-this-singer-female-edition-day-19-jazmine-sullivan.723828/

Leaderboard:
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/rate-this-singer-leaderboard-females.720381/

The Process:
1. Vote on the listed singer from 1* - 10* on how good you think the listed singer is.

1* being :camby: (Absolutely Terrible) - 5* being :ehh: (Decent) - and 10* being:ohlawd: (Vocal Mastery)
2. The following things should be taken into account : Vocal quality, Vocal control, Vocal technique, Song Flexibility (ability to do different types of genres i.e pop, rnb, jazz, rap etc.), Live singing vs CD singing. Album/Mixtape quality. Longevity. Musicianship (Can they play instruments) Classic songs/hits. Entire body of work. Do they stand the test of time?

I don't recommend it but if you want to you can take looks, sexuality, into account, go head. If there are any other metrics you choose to use to vote, do you.
3. Votes will be displayed publicly.

4. Voting poll will last for 24 hours and then close.

5. Singers will be chosen randomly. PM me if you have suggestions you'd like to see.

6. Videos will be posted to showcase the singers abilities.

7. Some pictures will be added.

8. Votes will be tallied up and the average of the votes will result in the final score.

9. Drop that dap and 5 star thread rating

Day 20. Aretha Franklin

aretha-franklin---growing-up-with-her-father.jpg

180816_arethafranklin_600px.jpg

Franklin recorded 112 charted singles on Billboard, including 77 Hot 100 entries, 17 top-ten pop singles, 100 R&B entries, and 20 number-one R&B singles. She is the most charted female artist in history.
She won 18 Grammy Awards, including the first eight awards given for Best Female R&B Vocal Performance (1968–1975). Franklin is one of the best-selling music artists of all time, having sold more than 75 million records worldwide.Franklin received numerous honors throughout her career. She was awarded the National Medal of Arts and the Presidential Medal of Freedom. In 1987, she became the first female performer to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. She also was inducted into the UK Music Hall of Fame in 2005 and into the Gospel Music Hall of Fame in 2012. In 2010, Rolling Stone magazine ranked her number one on its list of the "100 Greatest Singers of All Time" and number nine on its list of "100 Greatest Artists of All Time". The Pulitzer Prize jury in 2019 awarded Franklin a posthumous special citation "for her indelible contribution to American music and culture for more than five decades."​

Years Active: 1961 - 2017

39 Albums -
Obviously I'm not doing all the albums. Therefore, I'll just list a few singles.

Notable Hits:
I Never Loved A Man The Way I Love You peaked at #9
Respect peaked at #1
Baby I Love You peaked at #4
You Make Me Feel Like A Natural Woman peaked at #8
Chain of Fools peaked at #2
Ain't No Way peaked at #16
I Say a Little Prayer peaked at #10
I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me) No. 1
Until You Come Back to Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do) No. 3
Freeway of Love No. 3
(Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You've Been Gone No. 5
Spanish Harlem No. 2
Bridge Over Troubled Water/Brand New Me No. 6
Baby I Love You No. 4
Who's Zoomin' Who No. 7
Day Dreaming No. 5
Rock Steady No. 9
Don't Play That Song No. 11

Out of her 112 singles that made the Billboard charts, 77 of them earned spots on the Hot 100 chart.

Some Accolades
qVykK9U.jpg

Studio Vocals:

Live Vocals:

Other:

6 decades of work. Absolutely ridiculous.