Reach of the Month: Music Catalogues and AI Rappers

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
As far as I can see this is going to be the wave. Augmented reality, resurrected legacy artists, new AI generated hits and cyberpunk post-humans all thrown in a mix for coming generations to frolic.

We're seeing the baby steps now and even though its not the end of the world you can see it from here.

Amo Husserl

All Star
Daps
Yes, to the record label for the duration of your contract.

That's 0 to do with the selling of the back catalogue.

TheGreatMTB

All Star
Daps

I don't see it happening too soon, but this group is an example of what could happen with A.I.

Virtual avatars that represent real singers, but the avatars are recognized by the fans. In the future it could be completely A.I. singers instead of actual singers.

A future where A.I. takes over social positions sounds crazy, but it's really not. Because of technology, most people interact with others less. In fact, A.I. might be preferrable to dealing with others in some regards. It might give less attitude, or it might perform more consistently.

It'll be interesting to see how this goes moving forward.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati

Do any of those say likeness?

Are you actually reading or just gonna continue with your theory even though it's not making sense.

The beach boys and Whitney articles directly say they sold their catalog AND likeness and rights.

The fukkin zay article literally says:
The deal reportedly includes music recorded from 2005 until 2022, with some of the artists above”’ biggest hits, including Migos’’” Versace” and 21 Savage, Lil Wayne, and Travis Scott’s” 350o”.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
In an AI centric world it’s looking like anyone who wants to be brain dead and a consumer zombie will be stuck in it, the more and more I hear about AI the more and more I think turning away from it will enhance even more of your talents and humanity, AI is the biggest excuse for laziness out of most companies and individuals I see right now. People so desperate to make money with out work they don’t even want to make art anymore

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies

I don't see it happening too soon, but this group is an example of what could happen with A.I.

Virtual avatars that represent real singers, but the avatars are recognized by the fans. In the future it could be completely A.I. singers instead of actual singers.

A future where A.I. takes over social positions sounds crazy, but it's really not. Because of technology, most people interact with others less. In fact, A.I. might be preferrable to dealing with others in some regards. It might give less attitude, or it might perform more consistently.

It'll be interesting to see how this goes moving forward.

A future like that is dystopian as it would essentially require people give up enjoying the natural frequencies and emotions you get from ORGANIC beings creating, it’s pretty sad actually.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
A future like that is dystopian as it would essentially require people give up enjoying the natural frequencies and emotions you get from ORGANIC beings creating, it’s pretty sad actually.

It's why people hate the perfection you get in singers on records when you hear more emotion live.

TheGreatMTB

All Star
Daps
I never said it was a good thing. I'm just commenting on how it could happen. A lot of people prefer to avoid others these days. As you implied, a world where A.I. takes over only benefits the wealthy.

Art
Music
General Office Jobs
Even programming itself

Fully realized A.I. could render natural talent in these areas obsolete, and destroy the means for regular people to gain wealth outside of physical gifts like athletes.

Of course, that's a doomsday type prediction. Most likely some legislation or unionization would occur before then.

TheGreatMTB

All Star
Daps
One thing about AI, it can learn and mimic, but it still don’t have no soul. You need soul to create authentic music
They said the same thing about art, and the whole art industry is having a panic attack at the moment. Turns out there's enough soul on the internet (which documents our entire discovered human industry) to perform a pretty good imitation.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Turns out there's enough soul on the internet (which documents our entire discovered human industry) to perform a pretty good imitation.

Very interesting how that goes once these lawsuits go to court. Even Getty images is now suing and a bunch of art websites have enables things to avoid them being scraped by bots for ai art.

Things will definitely change on that front if they start blocking out the inspirations

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
They said the same thing about art, and the whole art industry is having a panic attack at the moment. Turns out there's enough soul on the internet (which documents our entire discovered human industry) to perform a pretty good imitation.

Yes, please go look at the sticked thread in the booth with the AI generated pics of rap lyrics. While cool as hell, most of those interpretations were horrible. Wrong amounts of fingers and shyt. Ask a human artist to do it and it’s gonna translate perfectly. Because a human truly gets it. AI will never be as nuanced as a human. I think people underestimate how complex we are and the fact we don’t even know exactly how everything works with ourselves, to be creating some AI that’s finna be on our level of creativity, let alone surpass it. As far as making sense that is. A lot of this AI shyt able to output shyt, that don’t mean it’s great or super accurate. shyt more cute than anything

Amo Husserl

All Star
Daps
Do any of those say likeness?

Are you actually reading or just gonna continue with your theory even though it's not making sense.

The beach boys and Whitney articles directly say they sold their catalog AND likeness and rights.
companies about to catalogue and automate all the artist catalogues they bought to an algorithm.
Artists already signed away their likeness in the contract, they didn't sign away the future earnings of their catalogue.
I've already mentioned signing away likeness and selling the catalog.
You gotta quote me where I said artists are "selling" their likeness.
The likeness is signed away in the initial contract.
Edward Z. Fair, a music attorney:

Yes, to the record label for the duration of your contract.
Future is still signed to Epic: