Real Rap though what is going on with Covid in China: Death likely will be in the Millions after Restrictions are lifted (Update:New Variant XBB 1.5)

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
COVID did wonders in job openings in America, after nearly 2 million people died and several million people are permanently disabled due to long-term COVID.
2 million? I knew our death toll was a lot worse than reported. Long covid will be an issue for years to come.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
2 million? I knew our death toll was a lot worse than reported. Long covid will be an issue for years to come.

Yep. A lot of those southern states hid those COVID deaths from those essential blue collar workers by A LOT. A lot of those fast food and retail workers died and they cannot find replacements for those positions. On top of that, it seemed that the "rise and grind" culture of working 2 to 3 jobs died with those same workers in 2020, as well.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
This all could have been avoided if
A) Donald Trump didn't drop the ball on funding the WHO, thus allowing China to become their biggest benefactor
And
B) If the WHO was allowed to recognize Taiwan as a nation, when Taiwan was the first to report Covid outbreaks in China, weeks before the virus spread lutside of China.

Politics caused this. Even masks were politicized when they didn't need to be. Don't be surprised if there is a huge spread outside of China very soon, again...

They're charging Trump over January 6th..but not for covid where his egotistical, maniacal,selfish and retarded handling of covid resulted in a million dead in the USA.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Yep. A lot of those southern states hid those COVID deaths from those essential blue collar workers by A LOT. A lot of those fast food and retail workers died and they cannot find replacements for those positions. On top of that, it seemed that the "rise and grind" culture of working 2 to 3 jobs died with those same workers in 2020, as well.
nikka just made up his own numbers :dead:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Its almost 2023. Why are there still so many vacant job positions?

And Yes, its way more than 1 million people died from COVID.
Cause people saw better money and rather not get any money then slave over McDonald’s.

If these trash jobs stop being trash they will get people. But people not working slave for bs money

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
fukk China what is covid doing over here?
Isn't there a 3 virus flare up in the states right now that's barely being reported? I was overseas a couple weeks ago and saw a report that alot of hospitals in the U.S were at capacity but when I got back home I didn't see any info on that being reported

Far the the Chinese thing though , is it possible that an extended quarantine fukked up their populations ability to deal with the mutations? ie: they are experiencing now what we were experiencing when the virus was running through our nursing homes and they had the refrigerated trailers in NYC

edit: found some reporting..78% hospitals bed in use HHS Protect Public Data Hub , which aligns with what i saw on the news
Oh it’s definitely still being reported, it’s just not 24/7 like it was during the lockdown. I was told that people were tired of hearing about it anyway. People weren’t even tuning in to the 24/7 coverage until it was too late. Had people literally losing friends to this shyt being skeptical still. I just had to :sas2: on them and tell them to get informed.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
They have weak genes, most people got Sinovac over here and we haven't mentioned covid in a year and change.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Biden doesn't run this administration. "Biden is Weekends At Bernie's". He's a human muppet. Biden does what the "woke" black and white women in his administration tells him to do. He's not going to ban shyt because that's what Trump would have done and that's harmful and xenophobic and they have better morals than Trump does.
:umad:

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
the-simpsons-germs.gif

full
Ayo when was this episode? :pachaha:

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
There is a dude who has a substack called "noahpinion" who does really good writing on china and I was reading his article on Xi's Zero covid policies and it pretty much answers this question. Gives a great breakdown.

Tldr: The Chinese government has a lot of internal propaganda during the peak of covid big upping their draconian measures and their effectiveness. This put them in a bind because they used it as a source of internal national pride as far as showing their superiority over the United State and the rest of the world. But, the dynamics have changed and everytime they lighten up restrictions, their numbers shoot up. So, they lock down again because if covid runs rampant it shows that China isn't so great in this regard like they propagandized to their citizens.

Also, like another poster said, their effective vaccination rates aren't great and they have a large vulnerable elderly population who if covid runs rampant, it will kill a lot of and that doesn't look good for the government. They are stuck between a rock and hard place. Either admit the L that their containment strategy isn't as great as they said or continue swinging back and forth between draconian lock downs and loosening lockdowns which kills their economy and pisses people off.

What's so crazy is that a few months ago, my wife got a call from a teaching company in China to see if she was still interested (after all the bullshyt we went through with that place...fukk China). We prayed on it and she told them "we'll see about it next year" (which they can continue to kiss my ass because fukk China).

Next thing we know, she got a call from Shanghai with a alert message about Covid.

:blessed:On time God, never again with the foolishness. The whole Covid situation involving China is all in the sense of pride, ego, dikkwaving, and strategic economics (China first>>>>everybody last). However, in the end they ended up looking like the biggest fools in the world because of their own sense of ego.

The whole "China Numba One" bullshyt is a flawed meme with no legs because they are laid out on the hospital bed.