Real talk, is there any benefit to eating red meat?

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
What can I get from red meat that I can't get from beans, almonds, avocados, peanuts, cashews, etc etc? Am I the only one that feels sluggish and lethargic after a meal full of red meat? Growing up I was taught you need red meat to get protein for muscle building, I just don't see it though, I just had avocados with hummas and gouda cheese on a tortilla and feel f*cking great, and I believe I still met my protein quota. Speak on it Coli gurus.

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
not all protein is created equal. Its a group term. Branch Chain Amino Acids which are the most anabolic are not available in all protein rich foods, they mainly in red meat, dairy and fish You're not really going to get these from pulses and vegetables.

Beef protein is basically the GOAT meat protein + it has creatine too.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
not all protein is created equal. Its a group term. Branch Chain Amino Acids which are the most anabolic are not available in all protein rich foods, they mainly in red meat, dairy and fish You're not really going to get these from pulses and vegetables.

^^^

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps

So you're saying if you need to muscle up beef > chicken, fish, etc? I'm already a big dude wasn't looking for more bulk but just curious. I assumed protein was protein

semtex

:)
Daps
So you're saying if you need to muscle up beef > chicken, fish, etc? I'm already a big dude wasn't looking for more bulk but just curious. I assumed protein was protein
I go with chicken now since I'm cutting down. Beef is great tho

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
regardless of what you want to do, beef is higher quality protein than the rest.

theres a myriad of different types of protein, just like theres a myriad of carbs, and fats from ranging from pig fat to extra virgin olive oil.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
If you can I would mix it up as much as possible. To @Menelik II point, Beef seems to have the best overall AA profile. Its anecdotal but the best gains I've seen were when I mixed up protein sources during the day, eggs, chicken, wild fish, lamb, beef, pork, etc.

Last edited:

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
if u like cancer then yes

That's basically my opinion breh. I can understand some proteins are more efficient than other proteins/contain more amino acids, but I attribute all this diabetes and cholesterol and cancer to f*ckin' meat breh. I think the risk far outweighs the reward long term. I just feel so much better and lighter eating vegetable, and vegetable based foods.