Really who beating Jay In a versuz

jelanitsunami

i got like 6 names I can be anybody
Daps
Wayne, Snoop, Kanye, and Drake are the only three that could compete in that type of situation

Last edited:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Realistically it's Puff, Dre, Drake, Kanye, and Pac.......Nas, Ice Cube, and Snoop have a chance, but if it's only 10-15 songs.

Honestly, in 10 song battle Ice Cube might be the toughest opponent out of anyone. His first few albums + his NWA shyt has iconic anthems.

Cube could start with:
1. fukk the Police
2. Straight outta Compton
3. Gangsta Gangsta
4. Express Yourself
5. No Vaseline
6. It was a Good Day
7. Check Yo Self
8. Steady Mobbin
9. Boyz N The Hood
10. One Nation

That's a WILD 10 to throw at anyone.

:what:

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
The Roc Boys
I'm Feelin It
Do You Wanna Ride
What More Can I Say
Money Ain't Thang
Black Gangsta
Neva Change
Thank You
It's Like That
The Watcher 2

Snoop and Kanye can give Jay some competition but bytch please Drake ain't fukking with Jay song for song.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
There's a couple people who could go at Jay, but it depends on the tone of the competition. And it's debatable if he'd win them all, but Jay's strength is he can go at ANYONE. He isn't the best in one single category, Jay's greatest strength is he's the ultimate chameleon. He can do everything at a high level.

Jay can go at Nas, Rakim, Cube, Drake, Big, Pac, Ye, 50, Em, Snoop, T.I. and so on.

You wouldn't match a Drake against Cube...but Jay can. You wouldn't match Ra against 50, but Jay can go at both.

Pac and maybe Snoop are the only artists that have that versatility. And if Jay was to match against both these guys, I'd tip my hat to Jay because he has the bars.

Some of ya'll are letting your personal preferences cloud your judgment on Verzuz being a popularity slash nostalgia contest. People like Rakim are a rapper's rapper. Unfortunately outside of 5-6 songs he would get trashed in this kinda battle.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
What?
Rakim's first four albums > Jay's first four albums, song for song. Rakim has better songs than Jay-Z

it doesn't all come down to the most popular singles.

Same with Scarface

Scarface is one of the best writers of all time. Not just in Hip Hop, but in all of music.

Scarface is up there with the Sly Stone's and Bob Dylan's of writing in music.
I know Rakim personally and this is a no for me my guy. The correct answer is Pac, Snoop, Nas, and maybe LL.