Recommend some good books relating to Existential Philosophy

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
I woulda posted this in Higher learning but I was banished from there for simply having an opinion. :sitdown:

I'm currently reading "Nihilism" by Freydis, and a few books related to Zen Buddhism.

product_thumbnail.php

Drop some titles I should check out bros

:eat:

SonofaGod

Pro
Daps
Reppin
New York
All trolling and biased views aside.

KJV_Bible_1611_Title.jpg

Take it for face value and end up either an atheist, or a sunday morning suit tie and crocs christian.

Take it for the depths, the metaphysical, spiritual, and the esoteric significance in its doctrine, and unlock a world of truths deeper than you would ever have imagined, in the fullness of time.

I speak from experience:hmm:

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
All trolling and biased views aside.

KJV_Bible_1611_Title.jpg

Take it for face value and end up either an atheist, or a sunday morning suit tie and crocs christian.

Take it for the depths, the metaphysical, spiritual, and the esoteric significance in its doctrine, and unlock a world of truths deeper than you would ever have imagined, in the fullness of time.

I speak from experience:hmm:

other than proverbs the bible is basically interesting science fiction bro

Jesus says some ill shyt from time to time tho :ehh:

Existentialism is the journey out of nihilism. Nothing in the beggining , but we author our own destinies.

or Nihilism could be the end result of existentialism. Looking and searching for destiny/purpose only to come to the final realization that there is none and everything is pretty much futile

:ahh:

:yeshrug:

SwagmundFreud

Superstar
Daps
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry into Values

Changed my life:noah:

Some of my favorite quotes in the book;

“The real purpose of the scientific method is to make sure nature hasn’t misled you into thinking you know something you actually don’t know.”

“The truth knocks on your door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away.”

:noah:

Patriarch

#straightblackpride
Daps
or Nihilism could be the end result of existentialism. Looking and searching for destiny/purpose only to come to the final realization that there is none and everything is pretty much futile

:ahh:

I fell into a Nihilistic mode of thought a few years ago when I had a number of tragic losses in my life. I read somewhere that with Nihilism " When you ain't got nothing , you ain't got nothing to gain." A feeling of nothingness is one thing , but when you feel as if there is nothing to gain , and life has no meaning ,that's when shyt gets serious.

Sounds funny , but the best book Ive read to date on what existentialism is and the different types , was existentialism for dummies. The book Fathers and Sons by Ivan Turgenev has a nihilistic main character , and Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky are all really good texts I would recommend. Crime and Punishment was one of the books that influenced Huey Newton as a youngster. I heard les miserables was really good , but that book is long as shyt and I havent had the time to read it.

Patriarch

#straightblackpride
Daps
Nihilism... it takes so much out of you and gives absolutely nothing back.

At least atheists and theists get the smug sense of self satisfaction of thinking they're right...

Don't invest anything in nihilism. Not even your time. Not worth it.

If nothing matters , and nothing will ever matter , why not just off yourself ? I think all the true nihilists are dead. With this line of thinking , there's just nothing to live for.

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I fell into a Nihilistic mode of thought a few years ago when I had a number of tragic losses in my life. I read somewhere that with Nihilism " When you ain't got nothing , you ain't got nothing to gain." A feeling of nothingness is one thing , but when you feel as if their is nothing to gain , and life has no meaning ,that's when shyt gets serious.

How so? I personally feel that sometimes this whole thing about meaning/purpose can be very self centered and narcissistic. The universe simply does not revolve around any single person. Our individual lives aren't really that important in the grand scheme of things, and the world will keep spinning after we're gone.

However we give our lives its own importance and I guess that's all that really matters.

and It's quite possible to be a nihilist and yet not be a debbie downer.

Religious people seem to hold the bolded perspective in regard to atheist alot
also.

example:
"how can u be happy if u don't believe in a God and an afterlife"? :to:

that's just the way shyt is bro :shaq2:

edit: u urself just gave the perfect example of that way of thinking bro

If nothing matters , and nothing will ever matter , why not just off yourself ? I think all the true nihilists are dead. With this line of thinking , there's just nothing to live for.

You don't need anything to live "for", just "exist" and enjoy your temporary time in the sun.

That requires really no effort

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Being and Time - Martian Heidegger

Existentialism is a Humanism - Jean-Paul Sartre

The Myth of Sisyphus - Albert Camus (Reaganomics might find this one especially interesting)

• Dap
Reactions: Tom