Recommend some good books relating to Existential Philosophy

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
wasn't this the guy who had an episode on "American Gangster"?

His life is cray....Last I heard he's booked again......

Very smart dude, just couldn't leave the streets alone, damn :wow:

....been meaning to check out that book for the longest.

I think he also interviewed Orlando Anderson for Vibe after Pac's death.
He also dissed Ice Cube :pachaha:

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
Nihilism... it takes so much out of you and gives absolutely nothing back.

At least atheists and theists get the smug sense of self satisfaction of thinking they're right...

Don't invest anything in nihilism. Not even your time. Not worth it.

The fact that so many people are afraid of Nihilism should encourage true wisdom seekers to check it out

if ur a real nikka that is.....

:youngsabo:

that's how I left Christianity, all my religious peeps would discourage me from reading certain ish and it only made me want to read it more to find out why they were so afraid of it

curiosity is a muphuca

:manny:

FukkaPaidEmail

Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
tumblr_lgl348loTY1qacik4o1_500.jpg

The GOAT.

shyt will have you like :wow: because of his concentration camp experience and like :gladbron: when he is talking about logotherapy

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
The fact that so many people are afraid of Nihilism should encourage true wisdom seekers to check it out

if ur a real nikka that is.....

:youngsabo:

that's how I left Christianity, all my religious peeps would discourage me from reading certain ish and it only made me want to read it more to find out why they were so afraid of it

curiosity is a muphuca

Watch I Heart Huckabees like three or four times and get back to me...

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
^^^ watching it right now breh, one of my fav films. It actually inspired me to make this thread

Shorty was right

but that's just my opinion though

Man... existential dread had me driving across the country in a '97 GrandAM GT with nothing but a debit card, a sleeping bag, a few sets of clothes, a Nokia, and a Dell laptop.

Learned a lot.

I suggest you take the boomers at sunrise...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man... existential dread had me driving across the country in a '97 GrandAM GT with nothing but a debit card, a sleeping bag, a few sets of clothes, a Nokia, and a Dell laptop.

Learned a lot.

I suggest you take the boomers at sunrise...

Elaborate.

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
Embrace the very real possibility that your existence is totally meaningless brehs. You're just a biological specimen whose only real purpose is to reproduce, and then you die, like every other living thing on earth. Thus is life

Life is good :ahh:

If you completely ignore the emotional and physical day to day suffering, and the inevitable loss of every single person you know and love
:beli:

SonofaGod

Pro
Daps
Reppin
New York
Embrace the very real possibility that your existence is totally meaningless brehs. You're just a biological specimen whose only real purpose is to reproduce, and then you die, like every other living thing on earth. Thus is life

Life is good :ahh:

If you completely ignore the emotional and physical day to day suffering, and the inevitable loss of every single person you know and love
:beli:

When you live with meaning, and walk with purpose it makes the [respective] act that much more fulfilling.

without it, its empty, void.

The reason why one would want a main chick is because she has far for PURPOSE to your life than some random whore.

The reason why when a boxer wins a title he gets emotional because that belt MEANS an emotional release from all the toil blood sweat and tears. And it is an exceeding joyful one. From the beginning he moved with purpose. Has the title never meant anything to him at the first, the first sign of tribulation his will to succeed wouldve been broken.

It is passion, purpose and meaning that not only moves you forward, but also is the source that makes you feel alive from within.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
When you live with meaning, and walk with purpose it makes the [respective] act that much more fulfilling.

without it, its empty, void.

The reason why one would want a main chick is because she has far for PURPOSE to your life than some random whore.

The reason why when a boxer wins a title he gets emotional because that belt MEANS an emotional release from all the toil blood sweat and tears. And it is an exceeding joyful one. From the beginning he moved with purpose. Has the title never meant anything to him at the first, the first sign of tribulation his will to succeed wouldve been broken.

It is passion, purpose and meaning that not only moves you forward, but also is the source that makes you feel alive from within.

Believing that things don't have an inherent meaning doesn't conflict with anything you said. Just because things don't have meanings in and of themselves doesn't mean that they don't have meaning at all.

SonofaGod

Pro
Daps
Reppin
New York
Believing that things don't have an inherent meaning doesn't conflict with anything you said. Just because things don't have meanings in and of themselves doesn't mean that they don't have meaning at all.

Tom said "embrace that existence is totally meaningless". Living from that point of perception, one is dead while he lives.

but I do agree with what you said.Things [of themselves] have no meaning and they are void and lifeless. Which is why belief is very important.

Because emotion and meaning comes from what is within. What is within is shaped by your beliefs and principles. Which is something every man has whether he played an active role in shaping that or not.