Relationships Just Feel Like Work...am I too jaded?

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
I'm listening to two people talk about their relationship.

And I'm hearing all this sweet shyt about how they feel about each other.

Their anniversary. Their plans to celebrate.

How it felt when they first got to together--one felt "loved" for the first time.

:scusthov: All I hear is work. How this shyt disappears once live hits and there's not all this time.

:dahell: Am I messed up in the head?

#GMB

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It is work.

Dont get in one if you arent down for all the work it takes, seriously. You will be doing a disservice to yourself and her.

Hollywood always makes it seem like it fixes every problem, but in real life, too many people are i relationships who should really just be single

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
They require work, and a lot of our generation want quick instant satisfaction. They don't wanna work for shyt, earn their happiness and try to accommodate for others.

And with Divorce no longer being a shameful thing and now some shyt you do on a tuesday, working for a strong relationship and long lasting marriage is dead in the water.

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
It is work.

Dont get in one if you arent down for all the work it takes, seriously. You will be doing a disservice to yourself and her.

Hollywood always makes it seem like it fixes every problem, but in real life, too many people are i relationships who should really just be single
:wonder:Why can't we just chill?

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
They are work. Platonic, professional, romantic ... every meaningful relationship requires work.

But on some level, I feel like relationships have to come easy or at the very least, not feel like hard work/work not worth doing.