Remember the Columbia House/BMG “10 Cd’s for 99 Cents”?.....

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
They were burning CDs and photoshopping jewel cases :yeshrug:

victimless crime :wow:
I remember my unc owned a barbershop lol so many memories of him being that nikka lmao go to his shop one day and he had a multidisc drive like thing that could hold 5 or maybe more CDs to burn all at once. At the time I had only seen the normal standard computer tower. I was only 7 but I understood what was going on lol

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Vibe was getting paid to advertise for a company selling relicensed music, yes.

The jokes are the jokes, but the company was selling non retail CDs

How Columbia House sold 12 CDs for as little as a penny

“Larry: They would license the actual master tapes and the production files for the physical media from the major music companies. And they would be able to manufacture these records at a cost of about $1.50 or so each. In many cases, inferior pressings on vinyl and CD and you wouldn't get maybe the full lyrics and you wouldn't get the nice inserts and stuff and even the little booklets that were included in the CD were not quite as nice as the ones that you would get in the store very often.”

:yeshrug:

Keyword is "license". They were not bootleg. They worked with the labels and paid to license the music. They manufactured and distributed on their own which is were they saved money.

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Put the initial 8 or 12 in my next door neighbor name...I used to live next door to this old cac and his wife when I was younger and lived in SC...

they both worked and I usually saw the mail brjng delivered after school, so I learned that you give a fake name and get to the mail before them and voila! Instant cds...

was only able to get the initial ones but I actually still have the cds...got CNN, Nas, Funkmaster Flex Vol. 2, Pharcyde, etc

King Frost

Stay Frosty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
North Pole
still don't have any vinyl records yet though.
check discogs or your local store
vinyl is hit or miss, some aren't pressed properly, some aren't mastered properly so they sound like shht even if pressed proper. Some are warped, some pressing plants use recycled vinyl, some sellers can't package it properly.
suggest you buy cheap used for $3-5 if online. buy what you like
clean the vinyl before playing it