Remember the Columbia House/BMG “10 Cd’s for 99 Cents”?.....

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
my older brothers CD collection was a1 thanks to Columbia house. He had the chronic, doggystyle, das efx, naughty by nature, that Paris album where he’s running up on the White House, special ed, and bunch others...I took them all to school on the last day of third grade. I have no idea how my teacher let me play that shyt lol

Daps
Twice ? :rudy:

tenor.gif

Twice and I don't remember collection letters or anything tbh. I was like 12 yrs old. :mjlol:

Daps
I think u had to sign up with a credit card to get the free tapes, then after your trial period u would be charged for a whole year $100+, and they sent u records u had to send back or owe

:dahell: nah

unless that's what they started doing later after 80% of coli brehs had already got they free cds :russ:

TL15

Veteran
Daps
So Vibe magazine was advertising Bootleg CD’s? :stopitslime:

Vibe was getting paid to advertise for a company selling relicensed music, yes.

The jokes are the jokes, but the company was selling non retail CDs

How Columbia House sold 12 CDs for as little as a penny

“Larry: They would license the actual master tapes and the production files for the physical media from the major music companies. And they would be able to manufacture these records at a cost of about $1.50 or so each. In many cases, inferior pressings on vinyl and CD and you wouldn't get maybe the full lyrics and you wouldn't get the nice inserts and stuff and even the little booklets that were included in the CD were not quite as nice as the ones that you would get in the store very often.”

:yeshrug:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
That’s how you got the cds you didn’t
Want to buy:yeshrug: most of my r&b cds came from them

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Vibe was getting paid to advertise for a company selling relicensed music, yes.

The jokes are the jokes, but the company was selling non retail CDs

How Columbia House sold 12 CDs for as little as a penny

“Larry: They would license the actual master tapes and the production files for the physical media from the major music companies. And they would be able to manufacture these records at a cost of about $1.50 or so each. In many cases, inferior pressings on vinyl and CD and you wouldn't get maybe the full lyrics and you wouldn't get the nice inserts and stuff and even the little booklets that were included in the CD were not quite as nice as the ones that you would get in the store very often.”

:yeshrug:

this is facts. I collect cds and I notice the difference in the actually quality of the jewel case and booklet. I got my ODB and Capone N Nore album from them. I think I got Wu Tang Forver from them too, but I remember that booklet being a good quality.