Remember the scientist who said single women were happier than married women? He had to do the moon walk.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
HAHA TAKE THAT bytchES !

one for the good guys.

dave-chappelle.gif

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Every one of my wife’s single friends want to be married. They don’t want to be single at all.

I never believed that study lol

Edit: Just on Saturday one of them said “I need a boo so I can go on the next vacation with y’all.”

We did a couples trip to Jamaica and Cancun in 2022 so they ready to join the gang 😮‍💨
Yep. Her friends are mid 30s. One is 40 and single. They all want it.

Single woman in their 40s be throwing in the towel though and just letting younger dudes thot them out lol
I mean some women like being in relationships during the winter while it’s cold and the spring/summer they back dressing nasty thotting it up

morris

Superstar
Daps
Every one of my wife’s single friends want to be married. They don’t want to be single at all.

Edit: Just on Saturday one of them said “I need a boo so I can go on the next vacation with y’all.”

We did a couples trip to Jamaica and Cancun in 2022 so they ready to join the gang 😮‍💨
:martin:

Daps
Many books aren’t fact-checked, and we’re increasingly realizing they’re full of errors.

Women should be wary of marriage — because while married women say they’re happy, they’re lying. According to behavioral scientist Paul Dolan, promoting his recently released book Happy Every After, they’ll be much happier if they steer clear of marriage and children entirely.

“Married people are happier than other population subgroups, but only when their spouse is in the room when they’re asked how happy they are. When the spouse is not present: f***ing miserable,” Dolan said, citing the American Time Use Survey, a national survey available from the Bureau of Labor Statistics and used for academic research on how Americans live their lives.

The problem? That finding is the result of a grievous misunderstanding on Dolan’s part of how the American Time Use Survey works. The people conducting the survey didn’t ask married people how happy they were, shoo their spouses out of the room, and then ask again. Dolan had misinterpreted one of the categories in the survey, “spouse absent,” which refers to married people whose partner is no longer living in their household, as meaning the spouse stepped out of the room.

Oops.

The error was caught by Gray Kimbrough, an economist at American University’s School of Public Affairs, who uses the survey data — and realized that Dolan must have gotten it wrong. “I’ve done a lot with time-use data,” Kimbrough told me. “It’s a phone survey.” The survey didn’t even ask if a respondent’s spouse was in the room.

ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1134845219210481665%7Ctwgr%5E89a80ed9a73a742c5723c2d8a427e4326e60e0f0%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-908196763661081629.ampproject.net%2F2211302304002%2Fframe.html

Doesn’t tell us why it just says they’re miserable. Correlation isn’t causation.

It’s women who are more motivated to get married or to pursue long term relationships not men. Men tend to want casual sex not relationships

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
A lot of social science research has been found to be extremely dodgy. Research the replicability crisis. shyt is eye opening. Be very weary of any grand claims and theories coming from them.
I’m a firm believer in “you can’t trust them white people” more and more the older I get, especially white women :heh:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
All this shyt is based on self reports. Who knows what's really going on. People in relationships naturally will defend their choices and claim to be happy otherwise they have to explain why they're still with the motherfukker they chose. What I want to know is why people care so much about other people's relationship status. shyt is weird. If you're happy why would you be obsessed with what the next man or woman is doing with their life? Somebody is lying.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
This really doesn't apply to BW though. BW divorce rate is 3 times the marriage rate. The strong desire for many BW to get married isn't translating to fairytales and sunshine for BW.

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps

My wife has a few unmarried friends and you should see the dead look in some of their eyes. Decades of accumulating baggage has taken its toll. And these are women who could have gotten married but wanted to hold out for that unicorn man that never came.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
My wife has a few unmarried friends and you should see the dead look in some of their eyes. Decades of accumulating baggage has taken its toll. And these are women who could have gotten married but wanted to hold out for that unicorn man that never came.
Yep. Hate to say it but I know one who does the same. She’s holding out for a unicorn but that’ll never happen 😭🤣