Remember this video next time you cant spare a few dollars to a homeless person

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
people are subconsciously terrified to admit how close we all are to homelessness --- a fire, a sudden death, a tragic accident, or simply life falling apart. I think people react against them to create a degree of separation between "them" and their own life/security illusion.

It's also that homeless people are the embodiment of the antithesis of the American dream. If owning a home in the suburbs is the measure of success in the US then being homeless is the proof of failure.

Just like how black people are perceived as an existential threat to hardcore racist southerners and white power types, just like how Arabic Muslims are perceived as an existential threat to US "values", so too are homeless people perceived as an existential threat to the idea of capitalist prosperity.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Western World - where you sink or swim - and homelessness can be a reality for almost anyone - how many checks are most people away from utter poverty - this is one of the ugly sides of unchecked capitalism.

Last edited:

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
people are subconsciously terrified to admit how close we all are to homelessness --- a fire, a sudden death, a tragic accident, or simply life falling apart. I think people react against them to create a degree of separation between "them" and their own life/security illusion.

It's also that homeless people are the embodiment of the antithesis of the American dream. If owning a home in the suburbs is the measure of success in the US then being homeless is the proof of failure.

Just like how black people are perceived as an existential threat to hardcore racist southerners and white power types, just like how Arabic Muslims are perceived as an existential threat to US "values", so too are homeless people perceived as an existential threat to the idea of capitalist prosperity.
aye you a bytch but you may be right

It remind me of some of my friends(all women) who used to work at walmart and other mim wage job who started workin a better job(makin around 13-15 an hour). When them big news stories about mcdonalds workers gettin the mim wage increase they were AGAINST it. Why? From their own mouths "I dont want no one flippin burgers to have the same amount of money as me"

Crazy fam, alotta ppl live jus to shyt on poor people

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
i almost always give homeless people cash

-exceptions are below 40 looking individuals

-i am not going to supplement your running away from home
there are so many facilities for the youth

i remember when i lived in Boston i gave this old dude the timbs i had on cause it was the dead of winter and he was bare foot

i went to the Foot Locker off Washington and bought some cheap ass shoes to replace my timbs

then gave dude my fairly new timbs

then as i walked off i seen dude throw them in the trash:deadmanny:

Last edited:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps

Great post.

Strawberry

Big Rufus is gonna give me a daughter named Apple
Daps
Reppin
Montreal/Jamaica
:patrice:

Being homeless in a city that has cold winters/snow seems like a terrible idea.

Time to hop on a train and head to Cali or Vancouver. :umad:

I like these stories:

From the gully to the money!!! :blessed:

Last edited:
Daps
I buy homeless folks food and lunch daily, I can't walk past them knowing they have no way to eat. :ahh:

I'll do that way before giving them $. I've had some bums get angry when I proposed buying them a sammich instead even though they said that's what the $ was gonna be for. Unfortunately a lot of bums only bum as a hustle and I'm not down with that.

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
:patrice:

Being homeless in a city that has cold winters/snow seems like a terrible idea.

Time to hop on a train and head to Cali or Vancouver. :umad:

I like these stories:

giphy.gif
lookin ass