Remembering Latasha Harlins 25 Years Later

Stack Money

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Tupac's 'keep your head up' was inspired by the killing, and is a tribute to Harlin's memory.

I was gonna say I remember reading "In memory of Latasha Harlins" or something like that in some rap video in the 90's but I never read anything about her.
Pac mentioned Latasha Harlin a couple of times

I think on some other tracks too
An EastCoast 84 Baby/90s Kid learned about Latasha's:rip: tragic end, thru Pac:wow:

Cuz a bottle of juice is not something to die for:mindblown:

LiL Latasha's grown Tell the lady in the liquor store that she’s forgiven So come home:damn:

Dear Lord if ya hear me tell me why Little girl like Latasha had to die:ohlawd:

...that's my childhood:mjcry:
Latasha Harlins..remember that name...'Cause a bottle of juice is not something 2 die 4 :mjcry:

Surprised the realest one wasn't mentioned

Here on Earth, tell me what's a black life worth
A bottle of juice is no excuse, the truth hurts
And even when you take the shyt
Move counties get a lawyer you can shake the shyt
Ask Rodney, LaTasha, and many more
It's been goin on for years, there's plenty more

Last edited:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Word that Mike brown tape was pretty damning tbh. Not that he deserved to die but the narratives about what an innocent sweet kid he was vanished in an instant. He was obviously a violent kid with a mean streak that ended up doing him no favors that day.
i hope you go to hell with your people who treat rape like a halftime snack and never speak on us fukboy

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
i hope you go to hell with your people who treat rape like a halftime snack and never speak on us fukboy

I don't have a "people," I have a limited circle, and I don't believe in a hell. Hell is just what you go through. I deal with reality, and I'll speak on it whenever I want because I don't owe nobody shyt. Eat a dikk.

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
Surprised the realest one wasn't mentioned

Here on Earth, tell me what's a black life worth
A bottle of juice is no excuse, the truth hurts
And even when you take the shyt
Move counties get a lawyer you can shake the shyt
Ask Rodney, LaTasha, and many more
It's been goin on for years, there's plenty more

I always thought S2D4 was haunting cause ask a kid you wondered who Pac was talkin about then u see that incident, and everything else that caused the riots to kick off...:wow:

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
I still want to spark some intelligent debate in this thread. If posters want to engage.

I choose to live in Detroit, because you know what, I want to actually try to curve gentrification instead of simply post in a coli thread about how much you hate whites and others come in your neighborhood.

I've heard some of the most ridiculous comments in this thread.

"if you're scared get a dog" Like I am proud of my my black cities being most infected by crime rate

"We don't need non black businesses" Like people in my city haven't been begging for department stores so we can not get taxed by the liquor stores for second grade food and products.

I can't understand how so many can be upset about the problem, but can't focus as much energy towards a solution.
Nobody is trained to make the first move. It's risky for firsts. Failure is the norm, and that's devastating for people who traditionally have access to only one shot.

It would probably take a core group of investors pooling their resources to take the first hits. Then keeping it in family. Then expanding.

And no Section 8ers.

I thought the insurance rates too high for real stores. Stop the robberies and wack nikkas looking for easy licks, you'll get the real stores.

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
I don't have a "people," I have a limited circle, and I don't believe in a hell. Hell is just what you go through. I deal with reality, and I'll speak on it whenever I want because I don't owe nobody shyt. Eat a dikk.
You're from Queens, but you don't have a people.

You a sociopath?