Restaurant offers Notorious B.I.G.-inspired menu on death anniversary

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Biggie’s foodie fans can now sink their teeth into some gourmet eats inspired by the late rapper.

All’onda chef Chris Jaeckle and Talde’s Dale Talde are joining forces to create a six-course meal in honor of the 18th anniversary of The Notorious B.I.G.’s death on March 9. Each course is inspired by the food-loving Biggie and his comical culinary rhymes.

To start, diners will sip on some “spiced tomato soup,” an ode to the rapper’s line, “V8 juice drinkin, Slimfast blendin.”

Then comes the “cracked pepper jerk crab and lobster toast,” inspired by the lyric “country house, tennis courts, and horseback ridin’, decidin’: cracked crab or lobster?”

notorious-b-i-g-2.jpg

Notorious B.I.G.’s Jamaican heritage (and love of spicy patties) inspired the fourth course on the special menu.Photo: WireImage

A “butter poached escargot” course is an homage to the song “Hypnotize,” which includes the line: “Escargot my car go 160 swiftly, wreck it buy a new one, your crew run run your crew run run.”

Biggie’s Jamaican heritage and love of spicy patties from Golden Crust were the inspiration behind the fourth course, “curried oxtail patties, pickled scotch bonnet and ginger relish.”

The Brooklyn-born rapper also had a thing for Junior’s cheesecake, where he’d reportedly dig into a strawberry slice with a coke on the side. Talde spun that into his “G.O.A.T. milk cheesecake, strawberry jam, cola caramel.”

At $85, the multi-course meal costs big bucks. It’ll be available at All’onda in Union Square from 5:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.

http://nypost.com/2015/03/06/restaurant-offers-notorious-b-i-g-inspired-menu-on-death-anniversary/

Entrapta310

:umad?:
Daps
$85 for it all?
They gonna give some of the profits to any part of his old neighborhood?? NOPE

:camby:

Theyre even serving snails bc he used the word ESCARGO to rhyme another word.
:huh:

Daps
$85 for it all?
They gonna give some of the profits to any part of his old neighborhood?? NOPE

:camby:

Theyre even serving snails bc he used the word ESCARGO to rhyme another word.
:huh:

His old neighborhood is now a gentrified cac playground where a 1 bed rents for $2300.

Entrapta310

Daps
His old neighborhood is now a gentrified cac playground where a 1 bed rents for $2300.

As a whole?? :what:

You even got parts of Coney Island that are a russian paradise playground. Doesn't mean the minorities and low income families around them moved.

Daps
As a whole?? :what:

You even got parts of Coney Island that are a russian paradise playground. Doesn't mean the minorities and low income families around them moved.

His actual building is now a condo.

That whole area of clinton hill is so far past gentrification they consider it prime brooklyn now. If you happen to find any low income people over there its a tenant thats been there probably 15 years and has a black landlord that dont fukk with the new wave.

Last year I was looking for a room around there to rent they wanted $1300 for a room in a run down brownstone where I had to share the bathroom
:francis:

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA

That whole area of clinton hill is so far past gentrification they consider it prime brooklyn now. If you happen to find any low income people over there its a tenant thats been there probably 15 years and has a black landlord that dont fukk with the new wave.

Last year I was looking for a room around there to rent they wanted $1300 for a room in a run down brownstone where I had to share the bathroom
$1300 not bad :ehh: you still over there?

Entrapta310

Daps

Then the whole point of Jay Z and him coming from an upscale potentially rising neighboorhood is real? :snoop:

Coney Island is worse than bed stuy now?? wow

intilectual recipricol

Killin fake hip hop
Daps
Reppin
The Brook

Live in NY brehs... :scust:

I'm bout to buy a house in the Chi burbs, my mortgage gon be like $650 :blessed: