Restaurants are Straight Ass in 2024

WaveWhisperer

Stainless Steel
Daps
Reppin
Steel
I moved to the bay are. I have not found one jamaican spot that make good oxtails or plantains. Everything is straight butt ass .

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
IMO most restaurants are not worth the hard earn money. Majority restaurants are just good for convenience and social setting. People should not be eating out daily.

My unpopular opinion….I would rather eat out once a month at a expensive restaurant then eat out multiple times a month at a mid tier restaurant

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
I moved to the bay are. I have not found one jamaican spot that make good oxtails or plantains. Everything is straight butt ass .

You been to Minto's? Their oxtails ain't the best tbh but the plantains are straight and the jerk & brown stew chicken is good. Got all the sides you usually only see on the east coast too

WaveWhisperer

Stainless Steel
Daps
Reppin
Steel
You been to Minto's? Their oxtails ain't the best tbh but the plantains are straight and the jerk & brown stew chicken is good. Got all the sides you usually only see on the east coast too
Nah i havent. I been to flavas which is the highest rated joint in sf and was a 6/10 . Ill give it a shot though, appreciate you telling me about em

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
Nah i havent. I been to flavas which is the highest rated joint in sf and was a 6/10 . Ill give it a shot though, appreciate you telling me about em

Yeah naw Mintos is where its at, its the only Caribbean spot in the Bay I would recommend unconditionally. Make sure you hit the restaurant on 15th, there's also a juice bar down the street and a store in North Oakland but the restaurant is what I'm talking about.