Retro Game Market Is Diseased

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
Man, if people don’t find a good 1-2TB download of every emulator/rom ever made up to PS2 or so and call it a day. There was no reason to buy “retro games” after like the year 2001 with the internet going strong at that time…
In addition to disc rot and console maintenance.. it’s a hassle. Only caveat is if the game has never been remade/ported & it’s hard to emulate.

Panzer Dragoon Saga on the Sega Saturn is a prime example.

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
I stopped building my physical collection awhile ago for this reason. I'm sitting on some valuable stuff but not adding to the collection right now.

I still like using old hardware and peripherals so I have a modded Dreamcast, Sega CD and PS1 and a trusty old CD burner!
A modded dreamcast? That’s a thing?

Satsui no Hadou

CHICANO 🇲🇽 🇺🇸
Daps
I lost my Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance disc some time ago and that ho is still almost 100 even without the manual and case. Everyone is hopping on the retro wave when the real were there on day one. The internet has also made it easier to find what games are going for these days…

That said, you got to hit up the garage sales and thrift shops. I found a wii and slim ps2 that I got for pennies a few months ago.

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
That said, you got to hit up the garage sales and thrift shops. I found a wii and slim ps2 that I got for pennies a few months ago.
Makes sense since both are top 10 in the Best Selling Consoles of all time.

It’s rare to find a Fat PS2 though

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Whoops I meant the version of Dreamcast that can play burned CDs and doesn't need a Boot CD first. The ISOs you can "acquire" will load it directly.

My PSX is modded to read burned CDs and Sega CD has zero protection and can play burned copies lol

Daps

I had this in my feed and dude speaks some form of gospel as far as the retro game market is concerned.

shyt is becoming gross and alarming if you are a collector. I remember when I used to collect, copping PS1 games for like 5 to 10 bones.

Now these dikkheads trying to charge 100 dollars for a old ass game without the case and everything.

Emulation gang is all we got at this point :francis:

I’m one of these dikkheads :francis:

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
YT and SM really created this insane market. Once ppl got interested in flexing and showing these games off in mint condition, that there was even potentially a bag in doing it, prices started jumping. Things were fine like 10 years ago unless it was something really really rare and special.

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
Yep now you don't even need CD's you can grab an old working console and put in mods like a SD card reader and Bam you load all your games there. Its not cheap but its cheaper than buying original games at the moment.