Revisiting PROMETHEUS...

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
When I saw this opening weekend, I was NOT a fan...but watched it again today and have to say it was much better this time.

I was less concerned about the film living up it's trailer or more accurately, less concerned with the film getting to the HUGE questions proposed by it...but rather just enjoyed it for what it was.

...and the film STILL has issues. Too much goes unexplained and it's pretty clear a lot of the story was cut and saved for a sequel....it ends up kind of being a mess....but all told, I think it's better than I originally thought. The movie is absolutely gorgeous and many of scenes are truly exceptional. Can't say I'm not looking forward to seeing what happens next :manny:

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
I enjoyed it. Yes the script had it's issues, but I looked pass them. I'm hoping to really see the sequel go deeper into the mythos and clean up the issues from the first film.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
this nikka really killed himself to stop an alien from taking off :mindblown:
an alien presumably going to earth to destroy it...it goes with the entire theme of the film: self sacrifice.

I love the movie though. Incredibly atmospheric, haunting, and is a hardcore scifi movie in the way that it doesn't necessarily answer all the questions

I love sci-fi movies brehs :noah:

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
this nikka really killed himself to stop an alien from taking off :mindblown:

I have nothing against them doing it, it was a necessary sacrifice. However, I hate how fukkin random it was. You rarely saw the other two pilots during the film and Idris' character wasn't fully fleshed out for his death to really mean something.