revisiting Pusha T's Wrath of Caine mixtape.

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
people always questioned Pusha's ability make a good solo record up to Daytona but i can't remember how this was really received at the time. considering he's one of my favorites, i barely played it myself.

put on for the first time in years this morning...it's better than i remember.

(Blocka def came from the Yeezus sessions)

what i do remember is quite a lot of peoples reaction to hearing Kevin Gates for the first time.
people were clowning him. calling him a garbage Future etc. son ended up a star.

RAW_SPK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
N.I.N.
I went to his show in Orl when this came out....the bytches loved “Trust You” when it came on (i hated Gates 3rd verse on that shyt to close it out but ehh). This shyt was pretty
Good outside of the shytty wale verse we got on “Only You Can Tell It” and it just being short

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I still play the favorites from here all the time, this was when Pusha was really coming into his own as a solo artist, I play Blocka weekly when in that mood, and I Am Forgiven and Trust You are classic Pusha tracks. February 2013 was when I first heard Gates too, and started checking for him.

Road Runner with Troy Ave's goofy ass is a funny moment, when dude was still trying to sell himself as a drug dealer artist

Take the best of this, and the best of My Name Is My Name, and you have a pretty brilliant album.