Rick Perry didn't know that Sec of energy monitored nukes: LIVE Senate Confirmation

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I would hate for something major to happen while all of our newly appointed officials are trying to figure out the job.

Ya'll are acting like the New Administration doesn't get sworn in tomorrow and people don't even know what their jobs entail! What were they doing in the interviews?

ⒶⓁⒾⒶⓈ

Doctors without Labcoats
Daps
Reppin
Payments accepted Obamacare,paypal and livestock
giphy.gif

Your very own post says "In recent years" :umad:

what do you think that means? Take your time...get some crayons and work on it slowly and get back to me.

Last edited:

无名的

Superstar
Daps
:gucci: You wanna bet they weren't all scientists and physicists you knucklehead...most of them were probably lawyers

its a fukking Govt department...the chief executive doesnt need to be a techie to be effiective

OP claims to be an intellectually superior coastal elite. I'm surprised he doesn't realize you don't have to be an expert to be a leader. Smartest guy in the room doesn't necessarily mean most effective.

@Brady Hoke's Artery bytch ass 1-starred the thread because he knows Rick Perry can't hold weight amongst these intellectual giants:

Ernest Moniz - Wikipedia

Steven Chu - Wikipedia

I'm not arguing Rick Perry is intellectually superior to those guys. Rick Perry is a poor man's GW Bush and a loser. I'm one starring your inability to just post a fukking article rather than a Tweet.

:mjlol:

ⒶⓁⒾⒶⓈ

Doctors without Labcoats
Daps
Reppin
Payments accepted Obamacare,paypal and livestock
Then why doesn't he know what the Department of Energy job entails?
:francis: Thanks to the govt growth in the last 50 years the true size and scope of most of these departments would shock any outsider...its like you being appointed to head Pepsi and you find out they own 21 other subsidiaries scattered all over the world.

无名的

Superstar
Daps
Why not both?

I'm sure there were plenty of others who were more qualified.

:yeshrug:

Point is... I think I saw something from a recent Inc poll covering top 500 hottest startups and something like 50% of founders had no previous industry experience relevant to their venture.

Rick Perry is neither the smartest guy in the room nor the most effective.

Agreed.

:yeshrug:

AndroidHero

Superstar
Daps
:francis: Thanks to the govt growth in the last 50 years the true size and scope of most of these departments would shock any outsider...its like you being appointed to head Pepsi and you find out they own 21 other subsidiaries scattered all over the world.

:mjlol:

"The Department of Energy (DOE) is a cabinet-level agency that has both important energy- and national security-related missions. DOE’s roots go all the way back to World War II and the Manhattan Project, the top-secret program that launched America’s effort to develop and stockpile nuclear weapons. DOE’s predecessor, the Atomic Energy Commission, managed the country’s nuclear weapons complex until the 1970s, when the Energy Department assumed that responsibility upon its creation. Today, Energy officials still oversee the laboratories that were once primarily responsible for creating weapons of mass destruction, along with implementing policies geared toward strengthening the United States’ sources of energy. The DOE carries out policies ranging from nuclear power to fossil fuels to alternative energy sources. Under the current administration of President Barack Obama, U.S. energy policy has focused primarily on “clean energy” initiatives and technologies, a departure from the policies of former President George W. Bush, whose DOE provided considerable support to nuclear power and oil development, which provoked criticism from environmentalists and those on the left."

AllGov - Departments

"But the primary function of the Department of Energy has nothing to do with green energy technologies. It’s one that, as Perry would have known if he’d fully understood it years ago, makes the DOE all but indispensable: maintaining America’s nuclear weapons stockpile.That’s where the vast majority of its money goes. During the Cold War as the United States entered its arms race against the Soviet Union, the DOE’s primary function was weapons research. It was the organization responsible for finding new technologies to get a leg up on the Russians. Its lineage can be traced back to the Manhattan Project and the creation of the very first nuclear bomb."

https://www.inverse.com/article/25403-what-does-the-department-of-energy

Rick Perry doesn't know any of that, and all you are doing in this thread is defending him.