Right shoulder pain on any pressing movement

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
What can I do? I tried backing off from it and resting it but it still feels pretty rough even at my warm-up weights. Also, why does only one shoulder hurt and not the other one? I might be regulated to this joint if I'm not careful.

zINVUupDdZRDzkBhyk3dW0LbNWS-cFKhwnm7E7FkPkfr3F4Q-exs9VdbN2SggEeuw8X2eOG5bV8wJU0RorvOdW3Z3fq3AcE9occC3Eo_7P-ySDwzH0rKJ2ECIoJStsMnU5Gyr6MQLcKZehkSBeCilBmzoQ4I8JCggrw_VNOhfHr_8nktffFcuGeYke1Lken771ypkBVlH_Jkp-FnheTLK7qAweVZV-QX5CRZtRjSWFkdhlaH_LoYqSZ6ZNE8zLzwTQ-AwCSpsg=s0-d

vcthxMKaWZk4Rrweoplq5jkcVIrRfmg7UPp1Zmi2kZzJtcl24PH6gQGziwxouMwNE4Jr2R2oLUyTeBQrT_EJV_WsKeMBD7ZOELoUGwXhjon61ZrkVQseS_5L

Last edited:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
What can I do? I tried backing off from it and resting it but it still feels pretty rough even at my warm-up weights. Also, why does only one shoulder hurt and not the other one? I might be regulated to this joint if I'm not careful.

vcthxMKaWZk4Rrweoplq5jkcVIrRfmg7UPp1Zmi2kZzJtcl24PH6gQGziwxouMwNE4Jr2R2oLUyTeBQrT_EJV_WsKeMBD7ZOELoUGwXhjon61ZrkVQseS_5L

Might be something in your rotator cuff like a strain.

Foam roll it.
I kinda got the same issue if I'm understanding yours correctly. I foam roll it and it usually helps me get some of that range of motion back.
I slept on mine wrong and screwed it up. But I guess having my big ass watermelon head pressing on it for hours will do something :deadrose:

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Wyatt care scenario, you may have a bone spur that causes tendonitis in your shoulder

I could flat bench, but couldn't do incline or overhead press for 2 years.

I'm back to both now but they did recommend surgery to shave the spur down but I would've been on the sideline completely for 3 months.

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
I am basing this on feedback I got from my pt when I had pain in my left shoulder and couldn’t bench press or do dumbbell presses on the bench.

Like @portcityplaya said, could be rotator cuff, or it could be a small tear in one of the larger muscles in your shoulder. Probably as a result of lifting too heavy or making a wrong movement.

Best bet:

Meet with someone (eg a physiotherapist or a (sports) doctor)

Let them do an evaluation

And rest. I feel way less pain and have more strength and ability to lift again now after purposefully avoiding exercises that avoided making the movement that caused pain.

*DO NOT TAKE ADVICE FROM US, WE ARE NOT LICENSED PHYSICIANS OR ANYTHING*

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
Little context

In 2018 I lost significant power in my shoulder and arm very suddenly. Doctors couldn’t come up with any solutions other than physical therapy. I ended up doing that twice and got the use back in that shoulder and arm. They told me it was probably posture related and due to working at computers. Since then I would get flare ups where my body is telling me to stop pressing or you’re about to snap some shyt up. Going through one of those times now. Going to buy a foam roller and look into those supplements. Next step is probably back to physical therapy.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Sounds like a rotator cuff problem. Is the top, side, front or back motion that hurts?

Certain movements aggravate my shoulder, especially when I push too hard. So as I get older I'm focusing more on reps rather than maxing out weight.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Do some shoulder exercises with the band to warm up. Warm up your shoulders. Work on building your rear delts as well.

Warming up is huge. I hate it but I feel better doing before I start my heavy lifting.

I feel your pain though, my homie(a master trainer) told me to back off from flat bench barbell press for a few months. Stick to incline and dumbbell presses. You don’t how :mjcry: I feel. I was Benching 425.

Last edited:

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
I am basing this on feedback I got from my pt when I had pain in my left shoulder and couldn’t bench press or do dumbbell presses on the bench.

Like @portcityplaya said, could be rotator cuff, or it could be a small tear in one of the larger muscles in your shoulder. Probably as a result of lifting too heavy or making a wrong movement.

Best bet:

Meet with someone (eg a physiotherapist or a (sports) doctor)

Let them do an evaluation

And rest. I feel way less pain and have more strength and ability to lift again now after purposefully avoiding exercises that avoided making the movement that caused pain.

*DO NOT TAKE ADVICE FROM US, WE ARE NOT LICENSED PHYSICIANS OR ANYTHING*
Rest will not cure shoulder tendinitis. OP will have to do shoulder strengthening exercises.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Most likely have rotator cuff/shoulder tendonitis.

there are videos on YouTube on how to strengthen your rotator cuff.

you should also have good form when performing lifts and properly warmed up.

Make sure your shoulder blades are retracted and depressed on most exercises.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Get it scanned to rule out structural damage.

If nothing tore up, then it's a routine programming issue. Pull volume should be > or = push volume to avoid most common shoulder issues.