Roadrunner: A Film About Anthony Bourdain

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind

Breh, this trailer hit me surprisingly hard.

I think all this pandemic shyt and lock downs makes me think just how relevant his voice would have been right now.

You know he’s have been traveling wherever he could during this, telling stories on how all these people were coping.

This looks like a must watch documentary.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
:dwillhuh: He hung himself breh, no drugs wtf

Hmmm . . . thanks for clearing it up. I think I remember this now. He was heartbroken over a lady or something I believe.
He was an interesting cat. I definitely respected him for the show where he went to the least touristy parts of the world. It was interesting and I like how he just got first hand accounts from people from their and just asked them questions and didn't judge their answers.
But I also saw him be a dyck to a couple of people so I was always on the fence on whether I actually liked him or not. Provacative nonetheless. RIP.

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
I miss him.

Dude been through it all, had brass balls, did not give a fukk, went to all the slums to get real native food, and was a smart ass while still humbly educating himself and his viewers.

If you ain't got the wifey and kids, put a knife in your pocket and learn some real shyt.

He always did that.

Daps
His death hit me like a freight train. I was so utterly confused. I lost a lot of optimism about the world when its most prolific traveling storyteller - who saw it all - decided it wasn’t worth sticking around for.

But over time I’ve learned to separate Bourdain the man from the art. What I miss most is his presence in media. He represented a tough, loud & brazen American swagger, at times abrasive to some, but always respectful, challenging & incisive in his words. He was centering and celebrating other cultures & voices way before it was in vogue, and always very cognizant + acknowledging of the impact & pain America has caused at home and abroad.

He also showed cacs it’s okay to own up to racism & oppression without being total fukking pussies about it.

The void he left has been tough to fill.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
His death hit me like a freight train. I was so utterly confused. I lost a lot of optimism about the world when its most prolific traveling storyteller - who saw it all - decided it wasn’t worth sticking around for.

But over time I’ve learned to separate Bourdain the man from the art. What I miss most is his presence in media. He represented a tough, loud & brazen American swagger, at times abrasive to some, but always respectful, challenging & incisive in his words. He was centering and celebrating other cultures & voices way before it was in vogue, and always very cognizant + acknowledging of the impact & pain America has caused at home and abroad.

He also showed cacs it’s okay to own up to racism & oppression without being total fukking pussies about it.

The void he left has been tough to fill.

Yep