Robots could replace half of all US workers by 2035

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Otisville, Federal Correctional Institution
Yes, very likely.. B/se robots don't need minimal wage, health insurance, vacation days/sick days/maternal leave, retirement/401K, social security. Don't forget no worry about being sued for wrongful dismissal, injury negligence, discrimination/sexual issues. All the fun stuff that humans in an "Progressively Enlightenend Contemporary" society mandate. :sas2:
The average worker isnt getting any of that shyt lol :skip:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
They can only automate some jobs. No one is going to spend five million dollars to R&D a robot and sell it for $100,000+ when you can just have a person do the same thing for $8 an hour.

Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

CouldntBeMeTho

Clarence Pawlicker
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
not unless there arent sports anymore
cyborg ninja baseball is going to be the wave of the future breh. :sadcam:

Behold Your 2016 Cyborg MLB Starting Lineup

Last year the German Aerospace Center developed Rollin' Justin, an articulated robot that was particularly adept at catching balls. But so he doesn't have to play catch alone, the DLR just finished building his clunky pitching teammate, Agile Justin.
The two were recently teamed up for a quick game of catch—literally one throw—which as far as I'm concerned is a brief look at the future of major league sports. Human athletes might be more entertaining, but even a team composed of cutting-edge robots is bound to be cheaper than today's superstars, which is what the team owners really care about.

The two were recently teamed up for a quick game of catch—literally one throw—which as far as I'm concerned is a brief look at the future of major league sports. Human athletes might be more entertaining, but even a team composed of cutting-edge robots is bound to be cheaper than today's superstars, which is what the team owners really care about.
And check out that slo-mo instant replay. Rollin' Justin's claw was clearly signalling for a change-up, but Agile Justin knew the only way to impress the major league scouts was with a gangly-armed lob toss clocking in at 10 mph. Someone get that bot an agent. [
Institute of Robotics and Mechatronics via Hizook]

even tasks like "thinking" could be taken over by robots. take into account the singularity could really happen... humans might just merge with machines and become cyborgs. then we'd basically become a new species. coupled with the fact that machines will be able to build anything atom by atom... all human labor would become obsolete. (I don't think this means humans will just stop creating)

I don't think you have anything to worry about in your lifetime of course. and the 2035 estimate, seems ambitious in my opinion. but eventually technology is going to make our way of life seem barbaric and primitive, capitalism isn't the end all be all we like to act like it is :ehh:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
cyborg ninja baseball is going to be the wave of the future breh. :sadcam:

Behold Your 2016 Cyborg MLB Starting Lineup

Last year the German Aerospace Center developed Rollin' Justin, an articulated robot that was particularly adept at catching balls. But so he doesn't have to play catch alone, the DLR just finished building his clunky pitching teammate, Agile Justin.

And check out that slo-mo instant replay. Rollin' Justin's claw was clearly signalling for a change-up, but Agile Justin knew the only way to impress the major league scouts was with a gangly-armed lob toss clocking in at 10 mph. Someone get that bot an agent. [
Institute of Robotics and Mechatronics via Hizook]

even tasks like "thinking" could be taken over by robots. take into account the singularity could really happen... humans might just merge with machines and become cyborgs. then we'd basically become a new species. coupled with the fact that machines will be able to build anything atom by atom... all human labor would become obsolete.

I don't think you have anything to worry about in your lifetime of course. and the 2035 estimate, seems ambitious in my opinion. but eventually technology is going to make our way of life seem barbaric and primitive, capitalism isn't the end all be all we like to act like it is :ehh:

im living until 2100 so yes i have something to worry about

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
i hope you make it, still.. I guess we ALL should start learning about robotics in our spare time :mjlol:

check the video in my edit too

i will tomorrow.

my goal has been 2100 since i was young. 3 different centuries, 2 different millenia. not too many can claim that

i should probably stop some of my habits soon though :francis:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Bu bu but Job automation ain't gonna change a thing :troll: @Napoleon

Basic income and entrepreneurship is the way of the future. Embrace it. :blessed:

We even got cars that drive themselves.

Amphibious

Land, water, wherever.
Daps
how do u know what i eat?

i only eat kale and bok choy with supplementary vitamins/minerals such as ginger root and turmeric and im timeless because my drinks stay submerged in the fountain of youth

You live in America, Britain or Japan/China you eating poison no matter what.

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple Of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bottom of the Lake
i already knew the clerks situation... u go into stores today and so many have self checkout lines, except for stores in the hood