Rollin in this 64 (years) w/ kneecaps & draft picks on deck: The 2021 Detroit Lions Official Thread

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
How can you not like the value of that trade? They traded up 20 spots in the first round AND got pick #46 while giving up 32, 34 and 66. That's a home run deal to get an ELITE talent. Williams would have been a top 5-10 pick if he didn't get injured.
Speed at receiver is growing on trees now. Remember the combine times this year. Everybody fast. Jordan Davis combination of size and strength and speed is not though. I didn’t say anything about the value of the trade. I said if I’m trading up to damn near the top 10 it ain’t for the 4th player drafted from no position.

You drop Davis on that line with hutch and that improves everybody on defense.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Speed at receiver is growing on trees now. Remember the combine times this year. Everybody fast. Jordan Davis combination of size and strength and speed is not though. I didn’t say anything about the value of the trade. I said if I’m trading up to damn near the top 10 it ain’t for the 4th player drafted from no position.

Jameson Williams type speed does not grow on trees. Go and look how he destroyed Georgia in SEC championship game. Jordan Davis is a project that is a two down NT right now

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Lions gave up a third and two pick swaps to move up 20 spots in rd one. That is nothing. Bears gave up their first this year to move up 9 spots for Fields last year

With the run on WR Lions made good decision to not sit pat. No comparison between Jameson Williams and a prospect like Christian Watson at 32 and 34. Only reason he was 4th was because of ACL.
Super bowl caliber organizations chiefs and packers who needed receivers more than the lions take theirs in the 2nd.

and the lions trade up to take yet another first rd receiver.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Super bowl caliber organizations chiefs and packers who needed receivers more than the lions take theirs in the 2nd.

and the lions trade up to take yet another first rd receiver.
Those two teams have hall of fame caliber Qbs who make okay receivers look better than they are. Lets not act like Bengals just didn’t go to superbowl after after drafting Chase last year

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Those two teams have hall of fame caliber Qbs who make okay receivers look better than they are. Lets not act like Bengals just didn’t go to superbowl after after drafting Chase last year
People hating on the WR thing always ignore Chase. If you’re trading up for a WR like we did you’re saying you expect the guy to be one of the best receivers in the league. If you’re right and end up with a Chase like player…you do it. End of story.

It was clear that the top talent WRs were being taken fast. We’ve tried the “pick the serviceable guy” thing for years and haven’t won. Might as well go for a home run for once.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

Justin Jefferson was the fifth WR taken in 2020.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Jameson Williams type speed does not grow on trees. Go and look how he destroyed Georgia in SEC championship game. Jordan Davis is a project that is a two down NT right now
Yeah big difference in a 4.23 and a 4.30

Davis floor is a two down nt.

fade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dirty Mitten

I know the Achilles injury was devastating but I still believe Aaron Glenn can develop him to be above average to borderline probowl CB