Rolling Stone’s “500 Greatest Albums of All Time” updated What's Goin' On #1

Daps
edit: queen, james brown, john coltrane, the doors, curtis mayfield, miles davis etc etc, shyt is beyond ridiculous :russ::russ::russ:
I agree, some of them deserve to be higher on the list, but for some of these legendary artists, are we talking about their impact? or their music?

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
Musically speaking, I do believe the 2010s have given us two of, if not the two most accomplished hip hop albums ever: MBDTF & TPAB. So yeah, to me Kanye and Kendrick are musically better than those from the 90s. I'd also add Tyler the Creator -an artist I hate- to that list and argue that The Roots last records were their absolute best work, musically.

I do remember the Brother Ali tweets you guys are talking about that, and he's 100% right imo.

Joe Budden and Common discussed these tweets as well, both agreed that while the 90s had better spitters, the 2010s had much better artists.
So yeah, I have read your comments and respect your opinion, but I disagree with you. I'm a big hip hop fan myself, grew up on jazz and funk, but I can't say I was impressed with 90s hip hop. From a pure rapping perspective? sure... but the music was never that good to me.

Good day to you sir (this is why I don't post in The Booth section) :unimpressed:.

Daps
Musically speaking, I do believe the 2010s have given us two of, if not the two most accomplished hip hop albums ever: MBDTF & TPAB. So yeah, to me Kanye and Kendrick are musically better than those from the 90s. I'd also add Tyler the Creator -an artist I hate- to that list and argue that The Roots last records were their absolute best work, musically.

I do remember the Brother Ali tweets you guys are talking about that, and he's 100% right imo.

Joe Budden and Common discussed these tweets as well, both agreed that while the 90s had better spitters, the 2010s had much better artists.
So yeah, I have read your comments and respect your opinion, but I disagree with you. I'm a big hip hop fan myself, grew up on jazz and funk, but I can't say I was impressed with 90s hip hop. From a pure rapping perspective? sure... but the music was never that good to me.

I won't lie though, it took me a while to accept that some of these most recent albums were better than my favs. But it was mostly nostalgia in my case.

Strong cosign

Radiohead, Swans, Kendrick Lamar, Tame Impala, Frank Ocean are the truth :myman:

Nuuko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Pac doesn't have a top100-150 tier album like you claim, Biggie certainly doesn't have any top 500 album. That big fat fukk has shyt syncopation on almost every single track