City Of Angels
Superman Returns
76% among critics
62% among audience

Man Of Steel
56% among critics
76% among audience

:childplease:

That's why I don't go by the ratings on Rotten Tomatoes. Bunch of old white nikkas, who still watch boring ass movies from the 40s and call them classics.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
these scores don't leave me baffled but it's funny how we love stuff as kids but adults don't have the same fondness for it; I think it's something we should keep in mind when we dump on kids movies today:

Mighty Ducks 12%
D2 21%
Little Giants 40%
Little Rascals 27%
Power Rangers 50%
Home Alone 54%
Home Alone 2 24%
Uncle Buck 64% :mindblown:

The Goonies 67%:shaq2:

Ok this one does baffle me though: Heavyweights is at 27%:damn: are you kidding me?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:whoa: Heavyweights is borderline first ballot HOF status there's no way it should be that low.

Exactly. And I placed Power Rangers there as a 9 year old but as a 28 year old who's recently watched the flick and by recently I mean yesterday morning when it was on Starz, that is a piece of crap film :russ: but it's just to make a point that we gotta remember not everything that comes out is for us. Even one of the reviews of the flick stated that there is nothing in it for adults to enjoy...well no shyt, Power Rangers isn't for adults to enjoy, it's for kids. let them cook.

But the Heavyweights blasphemy is astounding

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
the got both ninja turtles 1 and 2 aqs rotten

The 2nd is meh (and I'd love to have a thread debating all four turtle movies, especially as the 5th one is coming out) but the 1st still holds up. It is a solid film from front to back. The only knock I have on it as an adult is that it doesn't spend enough time developing all of the turtles. Ralph gets plenty of time but Leo gets shortchanged and as a Leo fan, that hurts my soul

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
The 2nd is meh (and I'd love to have a thread debating all four turtle movies, especially as the 5th one is coming out) but the 1st still holds up. It is a solid film from front to back. The only knock I have on it as an adult is that it doesn't spend enough time developing all of the turtles. Ralph gets plenty of time but Leo gets shortchanged and as a Leo fan, that hurts my soul
the 2nd one while not nearly as good as the first one, is still good, shyt is straight jokes and more like the cartoon while the first one is more like the og comics
3rd one is straight up trash in every way shape and form
the 4th one was good and combined the feel of the first 2

but theres no way 1 and 2 should be rotten

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
the 2nd one while not nearly as good as the first one, is still good, shyt is straight jokes and more like the cartoon while the first one is more like the og comics
3rd one is straight up trash in every way shape and form
the 4th one was good and combined the feel of the first 2

but theres no way 1 and 2 should be rotten

Well to be fair, I'm looking at the 2nd one through my eyes now, not how I felt about it in 91 because then I loved it. I just don't like the tone of the 2nd and absolutely love the tone of the 1st. It was the right mix of humor and seriousness and like you said, the 2nd is straight jokes and that's just not my taste with the turtles as I get older. It's still fun as hell but when watching it now, I can tell the movie came out a year after the 1st because it just feels rushed