ROXANNE SHANTÈ: 'I COULD HAVE BEEN ON 'THE SYMPHONY''

KingsOfKings

𝔻𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞 𝕄𝕖𝕣𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥
Daps

The Symphony" is widely regarded as the template for the modern day posse cut. The ground breaking single featured Juice Crew members Masta Ace, Craig G, Kool G. Rap, and Big Daddy Kane, and was a standout cut on Marley Marl's 1988 compilation album, In Control Volume 1.

On the Rock The Bells Cruise, Shantè revealed to a panel consisting of Bahamadia, MC Lyte, and Rah Digga that she could have been on the legendary track.

"I have a reason why I didn't get on it, but I could have been on 'The Symphony'," she revealed. "Let me tell you why i didn't do it. In my mind, I always wanted to be Roxanne Shantè, I didn't wanna be the girl on 'The Symphony.' Being in a male-dominated industry, I stood out as being Roxanne Shantè, and I was afraid I'd just be seen as the girl on 'The Symphony.'"

In other Roxanne Shantè news, the host of Rock The Bells radio's Have A Nice Day is being inducted into the Berklee College Hip-Hop Hall of Fame on November 28 in Boston Massachusetts. The induction will take place at the school's performance center by its Africana Studies Division. Emmett G. Price, dean of the Africana Studies Division at Berklee, spoke with Chronicle about the honor of inducting Shantè.

“Berklee is the world’s preeminent institution of contemporary music, dance, and theater; of course we are going to celebrate Hip-Hop in grand fashion with an unforgettable concert and the launch of the Berklee Hip-Hop Hall of Fame,” Price said. “What a tremendous privilege and a deep honor to have the legend herself, Roxanne Shantè, join us for this historic and monumental occasion.”

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
I completely disagree with her....she had enough of her own lane by then to NOT be known just for that. She would have enhanced the song.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
so she fronted on it just like shan did. square biz, that shyt would have been crazy with her and shan on it

TrapHouse Rock

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know why she cares she was on "Juice Crew All Stars" which was a way better song that has been almost forgotten for some reason

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I don't know why she cares she was on "Juice Crew All Stars" which was a way better song that has been almost forgotten for some reason

Absolutely not

Shante semi played herself skipping what ended up being a cultural landmark song.

TrapHouse Rock

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Absolutely not

Shante semi played herself skipping what ended up being a cultural landmark song.

Trag verse on "all stars" >>>>>>>>>>

the beat on "all stars" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I HATE the symphony beat

The symphony was borderline corny to me even for the 80s the verses were dope but the beat, concept and video were all meh never understood the hype

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Trag verse on "all stars" >>>>>>>>>>

the beat on "all stars" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I HATE the symphony beat

The symphony was borderline corny to me even for the 80s the verses were dope but the beat, concept and video were all meh never understood the hype
You're alone there, buddy

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wEPN2YO.gif