Roy Hibbert Blames Game Plan for Poor Game 4 Performance

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
“The game plan really wasn’t to utilize me as much; I’m just trying to be effective as I can,” Hibbert said. “Would I like a little bit more touches early on? Yeah. But that’s how the cookie crumbles sometimes.”

Vogel appeared to like the matchup with David West on surprise starter Rashard Lewis better. West took six shots in the first quarter, and Hibbert got just one.

Afterward, the Pacers played from behind and Hibbert was limited with fouls.

Hibbert scored 19 points in Game 1 of the series and 10 points in the first quarter of Game 3. But his shots have not been consistent.

“I can only control what I can control,” Hibbert said. “I can’t control plays called for me.”

After averaging 22 points and 10 rebounds in the seven games of conference finals against the Heat last season, Hibbert is averaging just 11.8 points and 7.3 rebounds so far in this series. Last year he averaged about 15 shots a game against the Heat. The most he’s taken in a game in this series is 13, and he’s averaging about nine.

“I just need to be a good teammate if I don’t get looks,” Hibbert said.

Roy Hibbert Blames Game Plan for Poor Game 4 Performance

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
one thing the pacers have been consistent about this year: throwing each other under the bus lol....ever since hibbert came out with that 'it's some selfish guys in the locker room', they've been letting each other have it with the words and fists.....

and one thing people should notice: as much as the nets were all in this year to win, so were the pacers...this team will be broken up next year....lance is gone; some of that bench will be gone; hibbert might be traded; coach might be gone....

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
they must have some serious in house issues among players/coaches

bird might shake shyt up something serious this offseason

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka nobody trying to give your lumbering ass touches :snoop:

cant fukkin score over bird man birdman :snoop:

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
the pacers have too much talent to be as bad as they are offensively. cant help but blame vogel for that
This is an overstatement. Neither Lance and Paul are good shooters, their pg can't run an offense, and Hibbert is nothing but talentless goofball. They don't have enough offensive talent to go over the hump. This team is only built for a short run in the playoffs.