Royce Da 5'9 : Layers was terrible

Djalminha

Pro
Daps
Reppin
/UK/Birmingham
Agreed, it was a really disappointing album.

In fact I haven't enjoyed anything he's done since Hood Hop (barring PRhyme), which to me is his best album, I can still bump it now and it's got Premier's best post gangstarr beats on IMO. Something 2 Ride 2 is still :wow:

In closing, Royce should just work with Premier, it's just a great fukking fit man.

DirtyMoney

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He just needs to grow as an artist. His hooks and content is just too amateur.

I mean it would have made more sense to call the album Detroit and use everything going on in Detroit as a platform like the water crisis, poverty, drugs etc. The timing would be perfect too with D'Angelo & Kendrico releasing similarly themed albums.

He has no depth and his beats and concepts were corny on this release.. And skits lol.. Those fukkin skits

NYK Loyalist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm a fan of Royce but I just can't get into this album. I've tried a few times and I can't get past track 4 or 5. Around Bar Exam 2 he started this rambling style with these run on verses

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
granted.. as a long time Royce fan I feel that the mixtape was better than the album.... but the album was still very good. imho, the mixtape was his strongest release since Street Hop (or Bar Exam 2 if you didn't like Street Hop)

it's crazy how many garbage releases get attention (@ the coli) compared to actually dope projects... but whatever :manny: