RRL denim?

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
One of my favorite denim brands. Had this pair going on 5 years now.

54f01dccc8631004bac567554b869d5a_zpsae9113ea.jpg

b1d5038b1b816afb1e88fb0fd3872d97_zps52f20c5f.jpg
The fact that they've lasted five years says a lot. I don't think I've ever had a pair of jeans last that long.

Bakebean

Pro
Daps
@Non Sequitur you won't be disappointed breh. You'll definitely get your money's worth. I never understood buying poorly constructed denim just for it to fall apart in a year or two. That's one thing I don't mind dropping some change on is good denim.

Cheercomp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I read the denim forums and follow the denim lover trends, but i just never understood how ppl's jeans are falling apart and going to shyt. I havea fat friend whose jeans rub and tear but that's b/c he's fat. I've never had a pair of jeans rip and that's all types of quality from H&M and Zara to 7 for all Mankind to Citizen to Levis to LRG.
What's causing your jeans to rip and fall apart? Also, where are they losing continuity at?

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
I read the denim forums and follow the denim lover trends, but i just never understood how ppl's jeans are falling apart and going to shyt. I havea fat friend whose jeans rub and tear but that's b/c he's fat. I've never had a pair of jeans rip and that's all types of quality from H&M and Zara to 7 for all Mankind to Citizen to Levis to LRG.
What's causing your jeans to rip and fall apart? Also, where are they losing continuity at?
Usually on the inseam near my upper thigh. The last time it happened at work with some bullshyt Quicksilver skinny jeans. They looked good, but I knew they were crap... Idk, the seam just kinda exploded when I bent over to pick something up :skip:

And I'm not some big fat nikka, I'm 5'10" and about 210lbs.

Any fabric will gradually get thinner and weaker the more you wear it and wash it. Have you ever had an old T-shirt that got thinner and thinner until it finally got a hole in it?

Cheercomp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Any fabric will gradually get thinner and weaker the more you wear it and wash it. Have you ever had an old T-shirt that got thinner and thinner until it finally got a hole in it?

To be honest, I've never had that happen. Maybe b/c ive just never worn my clothes out. Back when I was about 11, my brother (21 at the time) gave me a huge bag of his lightly used designer gear and taught me that my shyt could still look new if i didnt wear them out and rock the same shyt over and over and over. I instantly instituted a tiny outfit journal to keep track of when i wore clothes so that nothing received too much usage. Of course, i deaded that by early high school, but kept the same principal.

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
To be honest, I've never had that happen. Maybe b/c ive just never worn my clothes out. Back when I was about 11, my brother (21 at the time) gave me a huge bag of his lightly used designer gear and taught me that my shyt could still look new if i didnt wear them out and rock the same shyt over and over and over. I instantly instituted a tiny outfit journal to keep track of when i wore clothes so that nothing received too much usage. Of course, i deaded that by early high school, but kept the same principal.
You can abuse quality stuff, though.

I've got a Polo rugby shirt I've had for years and years and I treat it like a hoody, basically. I've washed it a million times and the color hasn't faded, the embroidery hasn't come undone or anything. It's just a really well made garment and well worth the money I paid for it.

That's what I look for because I don't have the discipline or patience to baby my clothes :manny:

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
Ok, so I got my RRL jeans last week
230792509467_2.jpg

I'm impressed by the quality of the Denim when I first put them on. Feel was stronger but comfortable for a slim relaxed fit. Felt a little like my 501s but they hugged around my legs better, like my 514s. Color is darker than the pic, like a midnight blue/dark indigo . MSRP was $320 from the tags but paid $185 for them and got them from Florida in two days.

Already go great with my button up shirts. I'll probably cop the RRL midland style in a few weeks. Need a light stonewash in my collection.

I can tell that after a few months of breaking them in they're going to feel :ohlawd: I'm a fan .

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
Ok, so I got my RRL jeans last week
230792509467_2.jpg

I'm impressed by the quality of the Denim when I first put them on. Feel was stronger but comfortable for a slim relaxed fit. Felt a little like my 501s but they hugged around my legs better, like my 514s. Color is darker than the pic, like a midnight blue/dark indigo . MSRP was $320 from the tags but paid $185 for them and got them from Florida in two days.

Already go great with my button up shirts. I'll probably cop the RRL midland style in a few weeks. Need a light stonewash in my collection.

I can tell that after a few months of breaking them in they're going to feel :ohlawd: I'm a fan .
My jealousy is over 9000 right now :myman:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
There's a store front on wbroadway in soho walked by there earlier today.

I usually buy jcrew for jeans my polo's never held up as well as I liked.