Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
berry-gordy-640.jpg

Berry Gordy has a mixed relationship with Motown acts:

- half of them think he was a controlling crook/hustler, the other half thinks that he was a great blessing in their lives

- him and stevie wonder had an ugly business fallout for a hot minute when stevie wanted his MASTERS
he spoke on this in an interview once, and this article touches on it a little bit - but there were heated words exchanged
Stevie Wonder comes of age - May 13, 1971 - HISTORY.com
Stevie is still on motown to this day so everything is clearly all good:

- the play and movie DREAMGIRLS is supposedly based on Berry Gordy and Diana Ross
Smokey Robinson believes this so much that he felt the people who made the movie needed to apologize:
Smokey Robinson slams ‘Dreamgirls’

- He was a hater. Billie Dee just said in his UNSUNG Hollywood Episode that Berry Gordy was not cool with the kissing scenes between him and Diana Ross
on lady sings the blues
Billy Dee Tells What Made BerryGordy Jealous On Lady Sings The Blues Set

Last edited:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Yeah, I remember the ABC/Kriss Kross beef. There's a intro in Totally Krossed Out where a DJ is interviewing Kriss Kross and he starts dropping names of other groups. After Another Bad Creation's name is mentioned, they reply with "That's another Bad Idea Buddy".

I was legit heated first hearing that as a shorty cause ABC were my nikkas. :francis:
I gotta go listen to Totally Krossed Out now.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
in what part did i say that neither one of them beat her? i been reading conflicting stories on who hit her with the hammer.

what other fake news i been dropping?

- nobody in the special went into details, but multiple people said both of them beat her so bad that it escalated her already existing condition, which led to her death.

i feel like if one of them hit her in the head with a hammer, they'd have said it...she's been dead for many decades now

- you've replied a lot but you're the one who said diddy was molesting tony thompson and that members of blackstreet were gay....cmon fam :francis:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
these dumbasses probably believe that rumor too that beyonce is lying about her age. people just put out rumors and dudes run with it.

her own classmates have said she was in their class and there are actual pics of her from her graduating year with the year underneath it but dudes talk about how she is 5 years older than we think

rihanna got huge and then years back we heard rumors and stories about how in barbados she got into fights for stealing other women's boyfriends and other wild shyt

but beyonce is even more famous than rihanna and we dont get nothing.
I've never heard any of those rumors...

:ohhh:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Once they found out they were organized as fukk for a Black organization they worked hard to bring them down. Some of the old legends are still alive in the prison system in Philly. Beanie Sigel family and that youngbul that knocked him out is family of one of them. Meek really has some legit oleheads in the background he will never be touched.

Tammy Terrell from Philly as well and she was gang raped at a party before when she was young.

Aretha Franklin father was raping her and had a sexual relationship with her
:picard:

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Peep this, from Siedah Garrett, singer/songwriter most famous for her duet with Dennis Edwards on "Don't Look Any Further" and her duet with Michael Jackson, "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" and as the writer of Man in the Mirror. I heard her on Questlove Supreme

Scroll down and click on Don't Look Any Further: https://www.pandora.com/station/play/3622959474532357134
:mjlol:
She also told stories about working with Rene & Angela, Michael Jackson, Quincy Jones, Rod Temperton, bringing Tevin Campbell to Quincy, all that. CLASSIC. And she's funny as hell too

Questlove Supreme is a good podcast if yall wanna hear REAL stories from the horses' mouths. All kinda Old Black Hollywood Stories. Only thing is you can't rewind each part, you gotta start each one from the beginning, but the stories are dope. All the episodes available on there now are DOPE. In the Babyface episode he told about him and LA Reid working with Michael Jackson, which as alluded to in this thread pissed Jermaine off lmao

I AM WE ARE

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The N.O
- nobody in the special went into details, but multiple people said both of them beat her so bad that it escalated her already existing condition, which led to her death.

i feel like if one of them hit her in the head with a hammer, they'd have said it...she's been dead for many decades now

- you've replied a lot but you're the one who said diddy was molesting tony thompson and that members of blackstreet were gay....cmon fam :francis:
Bruh i clearly said that i found different stories about the hammer and you can look up blackstreet gay rumors,same with tony.it came out around the same time he was working with puff

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Alright, I got my own fukkery involving Run-D.M.C. and Michael Jackson:

The story goes that Jackson was a fan of Run-D.M.C. and wanted to collaborate with them on a track. At the dinner they had, Jackson was admiring their gold chains and Bubbles was jumping all over the table, making things uncomfortable. Run bigged up MJ in an interview later on, but after some time had passed, the group was ready to go on tour when they needed to record the track and they were like, "Forget Michael. We have shows to do. :mjpls:"

The song "Crack" off Tougher Than Leather was supposed to be the one they recorded with Jackson but it never became more than a demo.

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
berry-gordy-640.jpg

Berry Gordy has a mixed relationship with Motown acts:

- half of them think he was a controlling crook/hustler, the other half thinks that he was a great blessing in their lives

- him and stevie wonder had an ugly business fallout for a hot minute when stevie wanted his MASTERS
he spoke on this in an interview once, and this article touches on it a little bit - but there were heated words exchanged
Stevie Wonder comes of age - May 13, 1971 - HISTORY.com
Stevie is still on motown to this day so everything is clearly all good:

- the play and movie DREAMGIRLS is supposedly based on Berry Gordy and Diana Ross
Smokey Robinson believes this so much that he felt the people who made the movie needed to apologize:
Smokey Robinson slams ‘Dreamgirls’

- He was a hater. Billie Dee just said in his UNSUNG Hollywood Episode that Berry Gordy was not cool with the kissing scenes between him and Diana Ross
on lady sings the blues
Billy Dee Tells What Made BerryGordy Jealous On Lady Sings The Blues Set

Everybody knows and/or had alluded to how long Berry was fukkin Diana since The Primes (Temps) Primettes (Supremes) days... And basically Effie in Dreamgirls was Florence Ballard.. Only unlike the movie she died poor and brokenhearted based on how Berry turned The Supremes into Diana Ross *and the supremes* and they acted like she never existed ..Motown has some real cold blooded shyt behind that sweetness..

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
That's cause it's true.. Everybody there in the early days knows and/or has alluded to how long Berry was fukkin Diana since The Primes (Temps) Primettes (Supremes) days... And basically Effie in Dreamgirls was Florence Ballard.. Only unlike the movie she died poor and brokenhearted based on how Berry turned The Supremes into Diana Ross *and the supremes* then acted like she never existed til she died and muthafukkas acted like they cared..Motown has some real cold blooded shyt behind that sweetness..