Russell Westbrook says he isn’t sure what Frank Vogel’s issue was with him; sacrificed triple double

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Im not sure how you define stat padding though? Going hard for rebounds? Handing off layups for assists?

I'll admit, my definition of stat-padding is a lot more strict than others, and I rarely accuse players of doing it. Like being up/down 20 under a minute and shooting with 20 seconds on the shot clock is stat padding. Missing on purpose to grab a rebound is stat padding. But always playing hard even in losses doesn't constitute stat padding to me. Thinking the offense runs better through you, even when you're completely wrong, doesnt constitute stat padding to me. I think Russ wants to win more than anything and he plays as hard as anyone. Hes just not nearly good enough to lead a team there, and never has been.

Looks like you're saying when he passes and teammates miss shots, they used to lose. And if the end result of a triple double results in a 80% win percentage then it would appear playing a style that leads to triple doubles would be effective. Stars play well alongside Russ (KD 4x scoring champ all with Russ, Harden scoring champ with Russ, PG was damn near MVP with Russ and posted his highest PPG, Brad Beal highest PPG of his career and 2nd in scoring, Bron highest PPG in 15 seasons with Russ) Bron can play off ball, Russ cannot. Injuries robbed them this season. 11-10 while they all were together isnt great but it takes time to mesh and I think they would have hit their stride eventually.

Weren't the Heat 9-8 in 2010 to start
Werent the Cavs 5-7 in 2014 to start

Destroying an enemy base is the win in your scenario, so he cant say "Every time we win, we win." But Russ, "What about the time you lost, then we lost"
Going melee (triple double) worked, but when his teammates missed their sniping shots or point blank hand to hand combat losses, they lost. And it showed because his rebounds and assists would be down. And dont get me wrong, he was a huge part of bad defense and he himself cant shoot. That style worked the best it could but he was never going to be the best player on a championship team.

Like saying if Bron scoring 30ppg led to an 80% win clip. Then saying "Bron scoring 30 is not effective because when Bron doesnt score 30 the team loses a lot" so its Brons fault. Doesnt make sense

Steven Adams and the rest of the OKC bigs boxed out their men so Russ could get rebounds. They were not discreet about it at all