Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
I really doubt Russia will go at the Baltics if they win in Ukraine. If he had say Moldova or Georgia, it would have been more probable IMO

The 3 Baltic states COMBINED are only 6 million people and about 67 thousand square miles of land, and they have a very very VERY tiny NATO presence there, no nuclear weapons, and can easily be overrun. I think it was Estonia that already literally donated ALL of their Howitzers to Ukraine? Poland is a more serious fight, but the Russians could easily pull the same play as Ukraine in the Baltics with internal destabilization by ethnic Russians and then SWARM the Baltics. Credible nuclear threat from NATO is the only thing kinda sorta keeping the Baltics in a position where they could bark at Russia, if a Republican like Trump or DeSantis wins next year you could kiss them hoes goodbye

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
the baltic countries and poland are the only ones who are giving more to ukraine than america. they know what's at stake and there's no way that's gone unnoticed by putin too.

btw i think bakhmut's gonna fall either today or tomorrow :francis:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
The 3 Baltic states COMBINED are only 6 million people and about 67 thousand square miles of land, and they have a very very VERY tiny NATO presence there, no nuclear weapons, and can easily be overrun. I think it was Estonia that already literally donated ALL of their Howitzers to Ukraine? Poland is a more serious fight, but the Russians could easily pull the same play as Ukraine in the Baltics with internal destabilization by ethnic Russians and then SWARM the Baltics. Credible nuclear threat from NATO is the only thing kinda sorta keeping the Baltics in a position where they could bark at Russia, if a Republican like Trump or DeSantis wins next year you could kiss them hoes goodbye
If Russia wanted to go at the Baltics, they would have done so first for the very reasons you stated. They didn't because it is NATO territory.

It is very likely that Russian fatalities will be well within 6 figures by the end of this war, do we really believe that Russia will poke at NATO right after ? With what army ?

Also it's quite obvious that the Eastern euro countries donated most of their arsenal because they are certain NATO got their backs. NATO members increased their numbers there (including the US : United States ready to defend Baltic allies, defense secretary says), there's no way Russia enter the Baltics without triggering a NATO response.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
If Russia wanted to go at the Baltics, they would have done so first for the very reasons you stated. They didn't because it is NATO territory.

It is very likely that Russian fatalities will be well within 6 figures by the end of this war, do we really believe that Russia will poke at NATO right after ? With what army ?

Also it's quite obvious that the Eastern euro countries donated most of their arsenal because they are certain NATO got their backs. NATO members increased their numbers there (including the US : United States ready to defend Baltic allies, defense secretary says), there's no way Russia enter the Baltics without triggering a NATO response.

Thats not what Im saying, I know article 5 is getting triggered. But NATO is a defensive alliance, where not gonna go after the Russians proactively because that would prove Putin "right" and allow him to not only galvanize his base and the larger Russian public, in that event China and other rogue states would really start supplying them with arms and ammunition. Now Whats to stop them from massing their forces in both Kaliningrad, Belarus and the borders with the Baltics an try to Blitzkrieg them just like last year? By the time we mobilize our shyt thoroughly in response, theyll pull that fakkit nuke card that they always do when their losing and sue for peace? The only way to really protect the Baltics is to let them know in no uncertain terms that well pull up to DEFCON 2 the minute they even start mobilizing in that direction. Like others have said, its now or never for both sides, no way theyre able to get away with that shyt in the next 10 years cause were already on alert, but if they try it next year?

Last edited:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Thats not what Im saying, I know article 5 is getting triggered. But NATO is a defensive alliance, where not gonna go after the Russians proactively because that would prove Putin "right" and allow him to not only galvanize his base and the larger Russian public, in that event China and other rogue states would really start supplying them with arms and ammunition. Now Whats to stop them from massing their forces in both Kaliningrad, Belarus and the borders with the Baltics an try to Blitzkrieg them just like last year? By the time we mobilize our shyt thoroughly in response, theyll pull that fakkit nuke card that they always do when their losing and sue for peace? The only way to really protect the Baltics is to let them know in no uncertain terms that well pull up to DEFCON 2 the minute they even start mobilizing in that direction. Like others have said, its now or never for both sides, no way theyre able to get away with that shyt in the next 10 years cause were already on alert, but if they try it next year?
Ah I see indeed. It's possible you're right, it just feels unlikely to me. Russia hasnt demonstrated its ability to do this kind of sophisticated attacks in this war and Kaliningrad and Belarus are probably being watched 24/7 (and the US has been ultra on point with their intel lately).

I'm sure everybody is prepared for this possibility and they won't let Russia gather enough troops around the Baltic states like that imo. And also, it seems that by the end of 2023 there will probably be thousands of NATO troops there so that's why I think nothing will happen to them.

The opportunity for Russia is there I agree but I don't see with what means they would fulfill it.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
they are not attacking NATO nations, breh. also, the action within buffer nations will alert NATO and they will respond with their own actions. ultimately, it will just be more proxy war because there is nothing to gain from direct confrontation. the nuclear threats really only come from accidents that can happen while proxy wars go on. biden is trying to keep his response measured and isnt giving zelensky everything he asks for. russia is talking tough for domestic politics but isn't really doing anything more than saving face and preparing for symbolic victories.