Ryan Garcia tests positive for banned PED Ostarine in VADA test following Devin Haney fight

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Of course I know how PED's work, it is very well known. We know why PED's are used and what benefits that have, across all sports. Where is the evidenced he juiced, though? He never failed a test. Why cant he just be exceptional? Speed and stamina, ok, fine. He did not maintain his power. He was winning mostly decision after decision from Diaz to the end of his career. 3 of them were accumulative stoppages(Diaz, ODLH, Cotto) . Only Hatton got steamrolled and definitely KOed. His style was perfect for Pacquiao to shine against. Although Manny has the most drastic weight gain, many other fighters moved up and kept some of their best qualities when doing so. Did Tommy Hearns lose any power or speed moving up from 147-190? Did SRL lose any speed when he went up from 147 to middleweight, super middleweight and LHW? What speed did Floyd lose moving up? He was still lightning fast at 154. Roy Jones entered boxing at 154 and was knocking out LHWs. ODLH was 130 and was knocking out guys all the way up to JMW..what speed and power did he lose? He didnt lose that til he went to 160..Pacman fought a fight at 152 vs Margarito, where he waa underweight. In that fight, he took his body to the precipice. Receiving body shots that had him in the fetal position days after the fight. You are leaving out key elements of the blood testing saga He was superstitious because he felt that it weakened for the first Morales fight which was the last fight he lost at the time. Floyd used that whole drug testing to avoid the fight. He also agreed to do it to a certain point. Youre speculating. His power did decline.
Where is the evidenced he juiced, though? - Do you really have to ask this? How many NFL/UFC/MLB players have never tested positive but chances are, they're on PEDS? Use common sense & if you really KNOW Manny's history, then you'd suspect not unless you're Pinnoy lol

He did not maintain his power - No boxer naturally can go from 105lbs to 147lbs & still be elite w/o taking drugs. There's weight classes for a reason; especially at those lower weights where 3lbs separates some of them. Manny might not have been one shotting guys but he dropped Sugar Shane. When was the last time Sugar Shane was dropped? Vernon Forrest (a 6ft Welterweight) laid a beat down & damn near decapitated him with an uppercut & he had never been down or even hurt before or since till Manny. Shane has one of the best chins in boxing history but Manny hit him so damn hard he said in an interview he didn't remember the next several rounds & "woke up" in the middle of the fight

Tommy Hearns was an 6'1 Welterweight freak of nature. Have you seen how he was built? Dude's back was massive & you could look at his frame & know he could handle the extra pounds & move up in weight. I'm not taking shots at you but this is why I think you don't know boxing as well as you think. Hearns power came from the crazy leverage he got on his shots with that "snap" at the end of his punches. His jab also blinded guys & then the right hand would come down the middle & would literally shock you where you weren't prepared to take that shot. That Duran KO comes to mind where he executed that perfect.

Did you know Roy either tested positive for Androstenedione & had crazy elevated levels of testosterone in his fight against Richard Hall (who also tested positive) back in 2000? Roy was taking Ripped Fuel which you could get from your local GNC but looking at it now, you never know & I think Roy is the greatest fighter I've ever seen.

SRL is 5'10/5'11 & his frame could handle the extra weight but what happened when he moved up & aged. He got hit way more than he ever did & even was dropped. Have you seen high fight against Donny Lalonde at LHW? That's what naturally happens as you age & move up with weight. You don't magically get stronger, faster, have more stamina, & still have an amazing chin when you're fighting naturally way bigger guys. That would be like Sugar Ray Robinson going to Cruiserweight from 147 & not only keeping his speed/stamina but he be hurting & dropping those guys & be a top 3 guy in the class in his 30's. Not to mention those same guys hitting him aren't hurting or dropping him either

premier58

All Star
Daps
@Knicksman20 I appreciate the well thought out post and knowledge. The Tommy Hearns post was pointless condescension. I am from Detroit and personally know OG's who sparred at Kronk with Tommy. I know Tommys career inside and out. Why are you comparing a washed up, 40 year old Mosley to the one who was No.1 PFP in the world?

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
@Knicksman20 I appreciate the well thought out post and knowledge. The Tommy Hearns post was pointless condescension. I am from Detroit and personally know OG's who sparred at Kronk with Tommy. I know Tommys career inside and out. Why are you comparing a washed up, 40 year old Mosley to the one who was No.1 PFP in the world?
If you can't even understand the basics of how good Shane's chin was, the times he was hurt, & who hurt him, then there's no need to discuss this further

premier58

All Star
Daps
If you can't even understand the basics of how good Shane's chin was, the times he was hurt, & who hurt him, then there's no need to discuss this further
If youre comparing a washed up Shane, who at the point was a jobber to the stars.. to a prime, PFP No. 1 Shane, youre right...there is no need to go further. Im done with this convo.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
This is why I didn't understand when brehs just shrugged off him betting on himself. Dude got paid after acting like a fiend on Twitter for months, not GAF about meeting weight, and juicing. And this is all against a dude that's a pathetic puncher. He basically had no chance to lose

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Really know boxing? What did I type that was false?? If he stopped juicing before the last fight with JMM, then.where were all the knockouts. After Cotto he failed to finish Clottey, old man Mosley, punching bag Margarito, JMM(3rd fight), Bradley first fight. Alot of 12 round decisions for someone who was "juicing" and knocking out everybody. Where is the evidence that Manny juiced, aside from the jealous Mayweather clan and all his fans who followed suit to use it as an excuse?
He still had absurd power, those guys aside from Clottey (who threw the fight and stayed in a shell) got beat to shreds/were bothered by the power compared to what they faced from bigger guys. Bradley has one of the goat chins. IMO he stopped juicing before the Floyd fight.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
He still had absurd power, those guys aside from Clottey (who threw the fight and stayed in a shell) got beat to shreds/were bothered by the power compared to what they faced from bigger guys. Bradley has one of the goat chins. IMO he stopped juicing before the Floyd fight.
That's what this dude refuses to acknowledge. No one at WW was running up on Manny not respecting his power which is unheard of for someone moving up in weight like he did. He was still hurting & dropping fighters. And to put it in perspective, his first fight at 147 was against De La Hoya in 2008. 5 years before that in 2003, he was fighting at 126lbs......... :heh:

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He knew he would never beat any of the top guys so it’s either a career of folding bug fights and eventually falling off, or creating a new persona of being the guy everyone loves to hate and more than likely fighting exhibition style fights and becoming a full time public persona.

premier58

All Star
Daps
Absurd power is overrexaggerrating. Absurd power is Joe Louis, George Foreman, Mike Tyson, Tommy Hearns..Clottey shelled up alot, though. He blew the fight to Cotto doing rhe same thing.he was overwhelmed by the output. That man stopped Cotto in 2009 and went eons before his next stoppage. Does Bradley have one of the goat chins? He got hurt vs Pacquiolao and Provodinkov on multiple occasions. Everyone post Cotto must have had titanium chins because he waant stoppibg any of them.