Sales projections: 2 Chainz - 60k ... Big Boi - 25K ... Young Thug - 5k

Daps
Agreed

Thug so dope as far as flows and being left field but he says the same shyt over and over.

Substance is needed tbh.

Future is the best from the new era of Atlanta.

He can be ratchet but also make that soulful heartfelt shyt.
Right.

For example, you cant even really ascribe a specific crowd to Thugga. Other thaj being stylistically superb, his music doesnt speak to anyone in particular. On top of that he does all this buffonery and trollin IRL that further distracts ppl from the actual art. I think hed actually fare much better if he was jus all about the art. Ppl could respect that and itd make him more palatable.

You can say Future has the lean sippin/grown trap music avids crowd
UZI has the young rebelious/emo crowd
Lil Yatchy has the teeny boppers
We all know who Kendrick, Cole, Drake and em have.

Who does Thug have?

Its the same with Wale. Not only arent you able to connect with a specific crowd, but then you engage in all these non music related antics that take shine away from your actual talent? That aint the way to go bruh.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
That was always a myth. Those features always benefitted Drake just as much as the artist. The rappers' songs he jumped on were gonna sell what they did regardless.
This is false.

Look at all the songs that got plaques cause of a Drake Feature.

Gucci just got his first plat and highest charting single cause of a Drake feature

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
When are these labels gonna push another "Lamar" or "Cole"? Its obvious what the masses want.

The masses are actually going out and spending their $$$ on rappers with substance. Wouldn't it make more sense from a business perspective to :camby:with these trash, mumble mouth rappers and start pushing rappers with lyrical talent and substance?

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
This is false.

Look at all the songs that got plaques cause of a Drake Feature.

Gucci just got his first plat and highest charting single cause of a Drake feature
You are such a fakkit sometimes I swear .

Are you really going to sit here and say drake didn't benefit as much for those features as the artist ?

It's like you really got this nikka dikk in your ass .

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
You are such a fakkit sometimes I swear .

Are you really going to sit here and say drake didn't benefit as much for those features as the artist ?

It's like you really got this nikka dikk in your ass .
What benefit did Drake gain other being known for killing features?

T.H.E. Goat

On the road to riches
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where The Grass Is Blue
why would people buy an album someone produced?
they want drake no his executive production ..statement makes zero sense
I was being sarcastic but in this instance I'm not talking about Drake being a feature, I really don't even see this project getting the green light if it wasn't for Drake being the exec. producer. Regardless, if those numbers are even remotely close I think it's time for Thug to go the Pitbull/Flo-rida route and just be a singles artist

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
You know damm well drake being on these features kept a certain side of his audience happy while he could put more pop music out on his projects .

Plus killing features you mean the tent pen game was pretty good :scust:.
That still isn't the case. Drake always covers all his fans with his solo songs

desp

SO MUCH FUN
Daps
Im a HUGE Thugga fan and hea easily one of my favorite artists just based on pure creativity and original artistry. But thats happens when you have absolutely ZERO substance. I been listenin to dude for years and I cant even rly tell u wut dude talks about. Even cats like Future that make vapid music have an identity, a coherent theme that ppl can attach themselves to and identify with.

Don't get me wrong, I think Thugga is severely underrated and misunderstood but he never packaged himself right. Hes always been all over the place.
Thug talks about his girl and his family majority of the time. BTG is full of substance

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
What artists needed Drake to sell albums? Someone like a YG, maybe, and I don't even remember if My Krazy Life had some big debut to prove a "stimulus" unless you think he would've done like 15k w/o him.

The Futures, Seans, Rockys, Coles, Kendricks, even Meeks, were gonna do numbers anyway.