Same Logo. Same "City". Same Expectations. The Official 17-18 Detroit Pistons Off/Season Thread

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I wanted Drummond gone at the deadline. Valanciunus would've been an upgrade. Not in potential, but being able to use him all game.

Drummond is a superstar rebounder but it's easy to replace rebounds and to find someone to play help d off Jonas.

Van Gundy can only give Drummond this offseason to prove his worth because if he doesn't they'll both be gone the following year.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps

DO IT! He's only 21, and we know SVG cant draft anyway

I wouldn't kick and scream about it. Anything to replace Jackson. I don't think goofy ass Russell and aloof ass Drummond is a core worth building around.

We need someone with a killers instinct to make that duo work.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Have no problem with Donovan. He has upside and can contribute immediately. And be insurance in case KCP bolts.

Someone always drops though. They are saying that Kennard is killing workouts and may be taken in top 10. Maybe Dennis Smith, ntilikina or Monk fall

Russell is a player that would benefit from getting out of the spotlight in LA. I'd do that trade in a heartbeat.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Druss is a clown.. Id hate to see how that turns out with svg.

But is it better than getting Donovan Mitchell?

I don't see Mitchell being there at 12 & he's the same age as D-Russ. We all know that NBA point guards take a couple years at least, so those growing pains are out of the way, and he's still younger than many draftees. I really don't see what SVG Is waiting on if that's a deal available

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
We could've put together a better package than brook lopez and the 27th for Russell but should we have? :patrice:

FukkaPaidEmail

Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
We could've put together a better package than brook lopez and the 27th for Russell but should we have? :patrice:
No.

Too much uncertainty on the roster.Unless we have somewhere to move Reggie trading a lottery pick for D'Lo doesn't really make sense.You start him at the 1 and Reggie's value tumbles even more,start Reggie and relegate D'lo as a 6th man doesn't really make sense either.Lowkey Stan is a bottom 10 GM in the L.That'll be cemented on Thursday when we take Luke Kennard.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
With Howard going to CHA and them losing Bellinilli, I doubt Kennard drops past CHA:mjgrin:. Kemba and Mitchell are too small to play together. Good for pistons. Give me Mitchell or Giles, unless one of the top guys drops. I'm iffy on zach Collins but I wouldn't hate it.